What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody else have this problem

chris b

Registered
why is it that when i think i will give a pin a quick re build i always end up doing the full monty tumbler now buzzing away in the shed and ramps flamed polished is it just me or does anybody else do this002.JPG

My problem is I end up swapping things out for new when 'really' I could manage with the old ones... Not economic sometimes but an element of OCD I think.

As long as you get enjoyment before you sell.
Unlike some, Wez comes to mind.

All aboard the OCD bus... I'm driving.

I said i'd do nothing to the TAF i picked up recently, just play it for old time's sake....
a full Cliffy set (it's not hiding wear, just preventing it), LEDs, newer speakers, Color DMD, new steel ramp flaps, bookcase decals (**** to fit), makrolon playfield protector, rebuilt flippers, new rubber, full clean, lighting mods on the kickouts/troughs... what was i thinking???

I should've just bought that "250plays HUO" Spiderman off ebay and have done. Hindsight...

Great comments guys i am same as you john for swap in stuff out that dont really need replacing hence another £75 to pinball heaven
i was just looking at the flippers last night and thinking shall i do a re build god knows why as they are strong and work perfect

unless you have a Jolly park where there are next to no parts anywhere!! :(

Carl's not far wrong there, hope you watched Blue Peter when you were young.

Great comments guys i am same as you john for swap in stuff out that dont really need replacing hence another £75 to pinball heaven
i was just looking at the flippers last night and thinking shall i do a re build god knows why as they are strong and work perfect
Fully agree with this Chris, I regularly buy bits and pieces to swap out on my pins when to be honest, nobody would probably notice apart from me!

It's all for the love of pinball. Don't know what it is but when it grabs you you can't help yourself in making things better.

I don't sell my pins, so I usually find myself slowly doing more and more work on them over time.

Rocky and Bullwinkle is an example of a pin I have spent 2-3 time what it is worth in new parts (including new ramps, and all new Save nell unit built up painstakingly from individual pieces)

Oh yes. And it's still on the list to be done, even if it means me forking out £40+ to have a spring made.

It's been a little quiet on the restoration front but it's mainly because I want to patch up the cab and as space indoors is limited that will mean carting it outside. The weather still isn't quite there but i'm hoping that come July/August time i'll be getting it in the garden and rebuilding the back before reinstating the original rotolock mechanism and filling the 'shark bite' at the back end. At the same time I need to rebraid it and I figured if i've got it out there then I might as well give it a damn good clean out inside as well.

So, erm, yeah, still lots to do.

Lotta pin love on this here thread :) So nice to hear folks being happy doing stuff they enjoy. So many sides to pinball as a hobby from the players to the collectors to the tinkerers. All good stuff. And yeah, a little OCD too...

Nice job there Chris.
Forgot what a great looking game Flintstones was. Even more so now its squeeky clean.

Back
Top Bottom