What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Any wireform

SpiderPin

Site Supporter
Yep - that's right. Any wireform. I suspect finding the correct one for Shadow will be borderline impossible so I'm considering fashioning one out of a wireform myself. If you have a wireform (ideally with a 90 degree bend) that you want to let go for cheap then PM me!

I’ve been looking for the WH2O ones for about a year please don’t wreak a WH2O one, I’m sure I could trade you something if you do find a WH2O one

I think I've got some from stripped playfields, I'll have a dig around in the shed a bit later and see what I can find.

I’ve been looking for the WH2O ones for about a year please don’t wreak a WH2O one, I’m sure I could trade you something if you do find a WH2O one
Don’t worry I was only planning on using broken or common wire forms - have you spoken to the guy that can replicate them if he has one?

Find yrself a Baywatch to scrap …. Just been tinkering on mine swapping some lamps and parts …and these things are mostly wire form 😂 It’s nuts - must be up there with the most wireforms on a playfield .

18FE900C-F04A-44F0-A756-A01E1088389C.jpeg

Find yrself a Baywatch to scrap …. Just been tinkering on mine swapping some lamps and parts …and these things are mostly wire form 😂 It’s nuts - must be up there with the most wireforms on a playfield .

View attachment 166427
Find yourself a Baywatch to scrap.!!!!!! You blasphemer, you’re going to hell for saying that.

Spiderpin, which one do you need for shadow?

I have baywatch wireforms, but they are gold, not chrome although if you polish them well they look almost chrome.

So this one then. Just noticed that the shadow wireforms are also gold so baywatch ones will fit right in and bw has an upkicker with a 90 degree bend so may work.

Baywatch wireform is slightly shorter so you may need to raise up by about 1 cm with some stand offs. It also turns downwards at the end whereas shadow launches sideways. If you make cuts in the outer diameter of the bw wireform you could likely bend upwards and solve both issues at once. Mounting points are in basically same place on both. Note I have not taken wireform off my shadow to compare so I expect there will be some fettling but I doubt you will find anything closer. £25 posted I will send you dm for bank details for transfer you want it and get it posted in the morning.

Sorry my shadow needs a good clean!

Paul

Attachments

• 20220408_200748.jpg
    20220408_200748.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220408_200649.jpg
    20220408_200649.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220408_200331.jpg
    20220408_200331.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220408_200152.jpg
    20220408_200152.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 8
And the bw wireform is 2ft long so there is plenty of metal to play with to adapt

Attachments

• 20220408_202603.jpg
    20220408_202603.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 7
And the bw wireform is 2ft long so there is plenty of metal to play with to adapt
Looks great to me - and gives me enough time to try and find an original before going for the mint restoration this summer! Send me your details.

Find yourself a Baywatch to scrap.!!!!!! You blasphemer, you’re going to hell for saying that.
Having actually scrapped 5 of these it doesn't bode will for my future. :)

But I have lovingly salvaged 2 from the dead and helped with parts for others so maybe not so bad.

"I did all I could"

Paul

Back
Top Bottom