What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Another machine - IMDN/DI/JP/Hobbit/Wonka/TNA

cyberkryten

Site Supporter
Alias
Martyn
OK, so Dawn agreed to us adding a BdK to the line up because it is Josh’s favourite film and it'll match with the superhero theme of DP/GoTG/SM.

That addition was agreed before I sold Robocop, so I think I can get away with replacing it with something else now it’s been collected. Of course, I’ll replace like with like so (ahem) max price of around £5k ish 😇

I'm thinking of keeping something for a few months which has some depth so we can really learn it, the idea is that'll come in useful when comps come back in - so these are favourite:

IMDN Pro
Dialled In
JP

I’m guessing JP is not something many want to move on just yet, but if you’ve a Turtles coming next week and need the space, I can help you out!

I actually like the idea of having something different to Stern as that was the original idea/excuse for Robocop, JJP etc play differently so with difference in mind I’d also be interested in:

Hobbit
Wonka
TNA

I’ll probably be doing a tour of the M4/M25/M3 in a van next Monday or Tuesday, so can collect if you’re in that sort of area.

This thread reminds of me the legend that is @Mfresh and a shirt he wore to Pinball Expo a few years ago!

When a new pinball machine arrived, the wife asked "which one are we are selling?

IMG_0019.JPG

Nice list, but I doubt £5k will get any of those listed.
Well, I did say 5k ish, which I thought might get me close to a few of them, I figured IMDN/DI wouldn't be too far above that based on what they seem to have sold for recently.

I think he may be saying £5K is the price he is telling the wife it cost to purchase......
If it starts with a 5 then saying it cost a bit more than the Robocop isn't lying, is it ;)

Wonka? have you played it Martyn?

Briefly at Chief. Seemed a bit busy but looked like it might be fun to get to know - I'm assuming you don't agree?

Dawn loves the theme of Wonka and has artwork of the film theme by one of her favourite artists. It is our 29th Anniversary next month which traditionally is furniture and something with legs must be furniture so if I want to push it, I might even get away with it as an anniversary present and then it wouldn't count as replacement for Robocop ;)

(If you don't hear from me at all after 31st August, I tried this and ended up buried with it)

😂😂😂
Brilliant, a man's logic in a nutshell.

If you could confirm the machine is 'a bargain' when you offer it to me, that would also help as this comes up a lot. Though I've never figured out where the money 'saved' went to when Dawn came home with bags full of bargains...

You cant knock the guy ! :)

All very tongue in cheek, Dawn is quite happy with whatever I get.

Yep add another 2k and I may sell my dialed in le.

I'm trying to avoid LEs at this point, mainly because of the extra cost but ideally this is a six month and out machine. If its a special one I'll be too tempted to keep it!

I found the game unexciting. The shots are great but the code around it just doesn't click for me. Shame, DI on the other hand I originally hated it, but its pretty brutal and I always want another game.

Brave to get a pinball for a wedding anniversary gift!!

Would have been an obvious opportunity for Cadbury's - marketing campaign with the golden ticket winning a Wonka pinball machine, silver tickets win trip to Cadbury World, and bronze tickets are a voucher for a free chocolate bar. Wonder why they didn't try it last summer.

Would have been an obvious opportunity for Cadbury's - marketing campaign with the golden ticket winning a Wonka pinball machine, silver tickets win trip to Cadbury World, and bronze tickets are a voucher for a free chocolate bar. Wonder why they didn't try it last summer.

probably because Wonka is a nestle bar

I really appreciate the logic being used here. Never actually lying but finding the loophole.
In the build up to my wedding a while back, the venue made a mistake that led to them offering a option that would save us money.
I commented to the fiancé that the saving was large enough to buy an IJ being sold which I knew was a title she liked. Her positive response was enough encouragement to buy it for her as a wedding present.
Still have IJ and still have the Wife.

Seems like I’ve managed to send this way off topic with my absolute genius logic and man-maths ;)

Trying to bring it back to the original question, I take it no-one is looking to move on a DI or IMDN for 5-6k in M4/M3/M25 area at the moment?

If not I’ll start looking at other options

I found the game unexciting. The shots are great but the code around it just doesn't click for me. Shame, DI on the other hand I originally hated it, but its pretty brutal and I always want another game.

Brave to get a pinball for a wedding anniversary gift!!

Hit the nail on the head Neil

Looks like I'm going to get hold of an IMDN as a swap for a bit, so really looking for a JJP - Dialled In, Hobbit or Wonka

After a circumnavigation of the M25 in a Ford Transit we now have a BdK and Hobbit, plus a loan swap for DP has meant IMDN is also present so plenty to get to grips with.

We'll spend a few days just figuring stuff out before looking at tutorials/rule sheets as always find that quite enjoyable (and seeing how close we get to ideal strategy is interesting).

The Cosco sack truck was invaluable, great recommendation from everyone who suggested it in the other thread, though might have to look for some sort of forearm protection as I have massive bruises where the top of the machine ends up resting when you take the weight over rough ground and thresholds (and with Hobbit, there is a lot of weight!).

If you're moving machines about inside in tight spaces then I'd recommend 'DIY Doctor Super Furniture Sliders' on Amazon. They work great for manoeuvring a tombstones machine into a room when there isn't space for the sack truck and also for putting under the legs of a machine to slide it back against a wall. A bargain at a tenner.

Thanks to @IOXLEY @Darthsinex for the machines, and to @robotgreg and Phil for the help moving them in and setting them up.

IMG_2264.jpg
IMG_2257.jpg

I woudn't let the packing foam and straps get too far away from hobbit.

Back
Top Bottom