What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted (Updated) Molex 08-03-0304 Crimp Contact, 0.156", Bifurcated, 18-24AWG

JMP

Site Supporter
Need 4, preferably 9 for System 9 display edge connector. Min. Order of 10,000 at Farnell :(. Can't find anywhere else.... anyone got any? Cheers
20210612_163634.jpg

Oh right - I always thought you could just use normal (ie, non-trifurcon) terminals for those edge connectors

1623779874585.png

Eventually got these from US shipped via Croatia due to the VAT/customs difficulties.... only took five weeks. :rolleyes:

Eventually got these from US shipped via Croatia due to the VAT/customs difficulties.... only took five weeks. :rolleyes:

.... and no I didn't. Despite being assured they were the same, they aren't. Original is larger with shoulders at each side to fit the connector (Williams display board for Sorcerer).

So... again, looking for the correct split pins if anyone has any? Photo below of an original with the spit leaf parts snapped off. The new one on left was supposed to be the correct replacement.

20210915_174604.jpg

John have you tried Steve Young ? Surely they must sell the correct ones you are after.
Maybe go through Andy Netherwood as he buys a lot from Steve, save on postage.

John have you tried Steve Young ? Surely they must sell the correct ones you are after.
Maybe go through Andy Netherwood as he buys a lot from Steve, save on postage.

Not shipping to UK mate. Andy hasn't got parts from them for ages AFAIK. Will check though....

Ah, didn't realize.
Have messaged in case situation has changed (doubtful).

Better pic below for comparison, the original on right has lost it's sprung split pins. New one on left notably smaller without the shoulders. If I can't source may have to bodge it with a cut down jamma type connector. :(

20210915_194057.jpg

Looks like I was given the wrong part number/description after all :rolleyes:. Turns out they are Molex 08-03-0304 Crimp Contact, 0.156", Bifurcated, 18-24AWG as per Marco here selling for $2 each !

Part number is 08-03-0303 or 08-03-0304. They have stops/shoulders on them to fit the connectors properly, the AMP ones are smaller without these stops.

@myPinballs Jim, I found a reply to an old thread on here where you said you had some, do you have any left?

Cannot find any in UK at moment and already been through a lot of aggravation getting the wrong ones from US..... Ta.

Last edited:
Looks like I was given the wrong part number/description after all :rolleyes:. Turns out they are Molex 08-03-0304 Crimp Contact, 0.156", Bifurcated, 18-24AWG as per Marco here selling for $2 each !

Part number is 08-03-0303 or 08-03-0304. They have stops/shoulders on them to fit the connectors properly, the AMP ones are smaller without these stops.

@myPinballs Jim, I found a reply to an old thread on here where you said you had some, do you have any left?

Cannot find any in UK at moment and already been through a lot of aggravation getting the wrong ones from US..... Ta.

Unfortunately mate you are '****ing in the wind' trying to find these connectors now. I've spent ages trying to find and source these but they are just obsolete now and all old stock is gone. I thought i had found some before, but it ended in failure and a waste of time x 100. Its not a great situation especially for gottleib fans as the cpu/driver interconnect that causes most of the 'intermittent' issues uses these to.

I dont have any good answers for you, other than make up an jamma harness alternative, or take out a mortgage with marco!! :(

Reactions: JMP
Unfortunately mate you are '****ing in the wind' trying to find these connectors now. I've spent ages trying to find and source these but they are just obsolete now and all old stock is gone. I thought i had found some before, but it ended in failure and a waste of time x 100. Its not a great situation especially for gottleib fans as the cpu/driver interconnect that causes most of the 'intermittent' issues uses these to.

I dont have any good answers for you, other than make up an jamma harness alternative, or take out a mortgage with marco!! :(

No worries Jim, thanks. Yes, I have backup of stealing from old Gott harness and soldering wires or jamma connector chop... just trying to avoid a bodge job :D . Found cheaper in US (must be NOS stock) but no UK shipping from those I've asked. Could use a forwarder maybe....

If not I have 2 of the 08-03-0304 you can have.
Unfortunately I used all my remaining connectors on Volcano recently[emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMP
Not sure, could be !?

Thanks @Andy B but looks like I 'may' have some coming over from the US now. Needed 9 minimum anyway, cheers.

From GPE website.
Looks like you will need the connector too though. I'm not sure if they will work with the original connectors.
1b5f4c7f6c1c8119bd31dc09fdd5edad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You're right, they won't. Those are the ones I've received already that are too small and without the stops/shoulders at mid way point after the split spring part, they don't fit the original connectors properly.

I'm about to order 200 'clones' of the 08-03-0303, so hopefully this time.....

You're right, they won't. Those are the ones I've received already that are too small and without the stops/shoulders at mid way point after the split spring part, they don't fit the original connectors properly.

I'm about to order 200 'clones' of the 08-03-0303, so hopefully this time.....
How did you get on with these "clones" ?
Got flakey display connections on Firepower.

Yeah they were fine and sorted my Sorcerer display board connector out.

Back
Top Bottom