What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

American Pinball - Hot Wheels?

It’s getting slammed but........
I actually love hot wheels as a brand. My son is 6 years old. As a reward if he’s done something good, I can pick up a hot wheels for 99p. A shiney new car in it’s cool packaging. He flicks through the racks for ages narrowing down his choice to just one. It’s agony for him... “Ahhh dad, I want them both, I can’t decide”. You can read the dilemma in his frown.
Then on the way home he spends far too many minutes trying bust open the packaging to reveal the car.
He feels likes he’s won in life. He’s read his school book and done his spellings all week and it’s cost me 99p.
I actually have about 20 “In stock” at home to dish out as rewards. I secretly enjoy flicking through the racks picking them out.
He’s got a hot wheels garage with ramps a gogo.
if you look on YouTube at vintage hot wheels collections, there are thousands of them. Full grown men (like us) whose collections make our pinball collections seem cheap!!
It’s a huge brand and not just for kids. Like pinball, the demographic of collectors is middle aged men, with a new blood rising up.

I think if they brand it more towards the vintage side, it’ll look awesome.I love the orange and blue vibrant colours.
The possibilities for a cool layout and quirks is huge.
Look how many people enjoy car themed pins. In fact they are the most fun games.
I500, NASCAR, Corvette, HS2, Mustang.
Granted they’re not A listers but if one pops up for sale, they’re is general praise for fun factor of all of them.
Man alive I’m bored at work this morning. Does it show.
That said it might be a turd 🤣🤣🤣.
I’m excited about this release though.

I like it, "Matchbox" edition for the UK :thumbs:

It’s getting slammed but........
I actually love hot wheels as a brand. My son is 6 years old. As a reward if he’s done something good, I can pick up a hot wheels for 99p. A shiney new car in it’s cool packaging. He flicks through the racks for ages narrowing down his choice to just one. It’s agony for him... “Ahhh dad, I want them both, I can’t decide”. You can read the dilemma in his frown.
Then on the way home he spends far too many minutes trying bust open the packaging to reveal the car.
He feels likes he’s won in life. He’s read his school book and done his spellings all week and it’s cost me 99p.
I actually have about 20 “In stock” at home to dish out as rewards. I secretly enjoy flicking through the racks picking them out.
He’s got a hot wheels garage with ramps a gogo.
if you look on YouTube at vintage hot wheels collections, there are thousands of them. Full grown men (like us) whose collections make our pinball collections seem cheap!!
It’s a huge brand and not just for kids. Like pinball, the demographic of collectors is middle aged men, with a new blood rising up.

I think if they brand it more towards the vintage side, it’ll look awesome.I love the orange and blue vibrant colours.
The possibilities for a cool layout and quirks is huge.
Look how many people enjoy car themed pins. In fact they are the most fun games.
I500, NASCAR, Corvette, HS2, Mustang.
Granted they’re not A listers but if one pops up for sale, they’re is general praise for fun factor of all of them.
Man alive I’m bored at work this morning. Does it show.
That said it might be a turd 🤣🤣🤣.
I’m excited about this release though.
How funny is that. Me in Cora last night in France doing exactly that looking through all the boxes, taking them all of the shelves and people all looking at me :p model cars are the best:thumbs:E686542B-17A2-49A7-825F-5E88BAEDC4A6.jpeg

when you see this you are all going rip the **** out of it. seriously poor.

when you see this you are all going rip the **** out of it. seriously poor.

You’ve seen it Neil? So it’s definitely Hot Wheels and not a code name..?

I was hoping AP would release a smash hit and this was a codename place holder, oh well fingers crossed your as wrong (but in the opposite direction) about this as your where Munsters :p

not commenting on the theme but it might still play great but I doubt it.

Could be a cool theme, I'm pretty sure a lot of us were fans of Hotwheels as a kids, I certainly was. Let's hope they pull of something epic with it

i dont really think the theme damages the game i think a poor execution of an art package kills a game a la stranger things avaturd, ect copy n paste art is just lazy especially if you've already gone to the trouble of making a game. I think hot wheels done with dirty donny art would be fricking sweet !!

Back
Top Bottom