What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Prime Deliveries.

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Is it just me being unlucky??? Admittedly i do kick the **** out of Prime - thats what i pay for - a service - and they usually deliver to be fair.

Anyhow, Service until October and all through the lockdown was awesome. Cant fault it.

Since the start of cotober they have missed 4 Deliveries Not all same day.... not all to the same location...

Has anyone noticed a downturn in their delivery reliability over the last month... ??

i have noticed "Prime" stopped necessarily meaning 'next day' sometime ago - well before Lockdown 1. Otherwise reliable.

I would say if anything they have got better recently.

im based in Northern Ireland but have even had stuff next day within the last month. next day was usually the day after for over here. Went really poor during April/may but has picked up a lot recently (last couple of months)

Also had pretty good service and have always delivered on time and being in the North of Scotland, that is most welcome

Hello @Paul

To be honest I feel the same

I have noticed that they now are sending prime stuff out with a courier (DPD I think). They seem not the leave parcels in previously arranged places.

Perhaps all the musicians who started working for Amazon Prime now have proper jobs....

I feel the last two months things are not as good.....

Today - when I got up - three items due from 10.15 - 1.15. Wife stays in whilse I go to work.

At 1pm I check phone.... not delivered.... Text wife..... Check back and due time changes to basically before 5.15pm. This seems to be happening quite a bit.

Since C19 I’ve noticed less items I want are on Prime.
If they are, sometimes the delivery is not next day but a couple of days away.
On occasion I’ve noticed my multi item order will arrive by DPD + Royalmail throughout the day even though it’s actually despatched from the same Amazon warehouse which is really strange.

The vast majority of my deliveries have been fine, although not next day as advertised.

However I've had 3 recently which have said out for delivery, then about 8pm - it's running late, followed by a message following day saying to apply for a refund if not received in next 3 days.
Invariably have had to apply for a refund.

One positive (ish) ordered a pair of trousers to be delivered to the locker at work on Tuesday evening, delivered Wed afternoon, noticed there was a split in the seam. Applied for return, took to newsagent outside work to return on way home. Had refund back on my account by the time I got home! So within 24hrs ordered, paid, delivered, returned, refunded!

I've also noticed that the sizes appear to be smaller than the last time ordered before lockdown 😲

The vast majority of my deliveries have been fine, although not next day as advertised.

However I've had 3 recently which have said out for delivery, then about 8pm - it's running late, followed by a message following day saying to apply for a refund if not received in next 3 days.
Invariably have had to apply for a refund.

Thats EXACTLY what i have noticed... The CS person i spoke to was convinced that it would arrive that day... i told them that in real life if something hasnt been picked up my 7pm then it's too late... didnt listen.

Also, if they fail to deliver within their timescales and you then cancel, you then have to wait 4-5 days for the item to "return to the fulfilment centre" before they can refund.... Why? They have taken payment, havent delivered in the timescales they promised due to their courier, whoever that is.... Surely thats illegal???

I also had two items that got delivered and one must of come out the box (as the side of the box was not sealed right) - it was only £5.99 worth but they refunded in about 20 seconds once I contacted them thru the automated 'chat' window.

I haven't had any issues other than they leave on the doorstep and you only know it is there when you get an update on your phone. Friend has recently had a parcel stolen and captured it all on his Ring doorbell. Nice.

Ive had the same thing. No less that 4 guaranteed next day deliveries didnt arrive next day in the space of 2 weeks.
They used to give you a free month of prime if you complained (which is odd imho - giving you a free month of the service that isnt doing what it says on the tin... I digress)
Now the best you can seem to get is a £5 voucher.
Armed with this info I noted down all order details. And complained to customer services about each. One at a time
Got a £5 voucher for each. :)
Didnt help me get the delivery of course - but I figured that ship had already said so

They seemed overwhelmed during Prime Days and used Hermes who claim they never received the item. Complaining made no difference as all the person could do was tell me to wait 10 days for a refund or redelivery.
Other deliveries are brought forward, at the last minute. Some are days late. Some are due imminently but the driver then “has more deliveries to make”.
The customer service is terrible, the customer excellence team is no better. I made a complaint about drop shipping, four times they said they would conduct an investigation and I would not be shared the results. I then pushed as a GDPR issue and that I didn’t think they were handling it and share the report I would send the FCO. They eventually gave me a token refund.
Why do we still use them??

Why do we still use them??
same as eBay, market share and exposure.. rely on their name as the pinnacle of their market and even the better ones can’t compete on reputation (even when it’s poor)

bit like stern in that respect, not the best out there but have the market share

Here's another example that came up this morning.... I probably got blacklisted because i DARED complain multiple times the other day... however i was looking for some microSD cards (few sort for the clocks)... Noticed that there was NOTHING on Amazon that was available for delivery before Tuesday......

There MUST be a limit on the number of items that you can have same day/next day - however i'm sure that i dont remember reading that in the T&C's
I do remember, when me the the better half used to have two different prime accounts, that i would go to order something and the next it was available was in say 3 days (I used to order lots!), she would look to order the same thing, and it was available next day.... Same Del address....

There must be SOME kind of algarithm there to stop people getting same day / next day on ALL their deliveries...

There used to be something odd about the website when ordering at the weekend. If you visited on say Friday and were not logged in you would see the "get it tomrrow with amazon prime".
This would change to Monday as soon as you logged in. I recall it was something to do with allowing weekend deliverys. The "fix" was to add your address again and ensure you chose w/e deliverys.. something like that. I forget exactly.
Whilst a lot of stuff you might not need next day - imho this isnt the point. if it says "get it tomorrow" then you should

Back
Top Bottom