What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All over for AC/DC?

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
AC/DC are one of the few bands out there who can suffer the loss of band members and still continue.

How many others can change vocalists and get away with it (I know Iron Maiden, Sabbath and Deep Purple did it but they always get compared to one key vocalist)

I had mixed feeling about them continuing without their main guitarist/songwriter

Now today's bad news for the band.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35751399

I'd be fuming if I saw AC/DC with a replacement vocalist. Who the **** can they get that would feel like you are then going to a karaoke event rather than an ac/dc gig?

At the moment they are only talking about the US shows but will it also affect the UK ones?

yeah it's gotta be game over for the band on tour:

drummer jailed for mental health issues
guitarist has dementia
now the singer is leaving as he's deaf

Old age and life's abuses catch up with everyone, unfortunately :(

IMHO many fans only really value bands' lead singers and lead guitarists.

Of course there are exceptions. And folk may say "what about the songwriter", well Beethoven, Bach, Mahler et al don't give public performances nowadays, but millions of folk still listen to their stuff

Provided a "band" can offer a lead singer or lead guitarist, I think folk will turn up and consider that they have seen the real thing.

I saw the Wonderstuff last year. Not ACDC's league of course. But Miles was in it. And I doubt many folk present gave a third thought to the other band members.

If you have neither the lead singer nor the lead guitarist, you are probably into tribute band territory - and folk still turn up. But pay a lot less

Ive been lucky to see the band twice , at the NEC in 1984 when our older friend queued for 3 hours to get us front of stage tickets and at Donnington 91. Brian grew on us Bon fans but in the end it is and was Malcs band and his illness has obviously been a big blow to them. Would be a brave decision to continue with a new vocalist but as said it would be the 4th one! Whatever happens they leave a fantastic canon of work (pun intended) and a legacy that includes one of the finest pinball machines of all time as well.

Back
Top Bottom