What's new

Alien unboxing SDTM

Love the spelling mistake on the screen at 25:08. You'd think someone might check things like that.

It does seem to be a game with lots of flipping the ball up the playfield and it just comes rolling back down again. Noticed that every time I have watched people play.

Looks impressive though...

It does seem to be a game with lots of flipping the ball up the playfield and it just comes rolling back down again. Noticed that every time I have watched people play.

Looks impressive though...
I love hard pinball games, and when I had a chance to play this at NLP 2016 in Arcade Club, I noticed that too, but as I got used to it, I felt it's a very hard, accuracy-based game. If you've ever seen a new player struggle to hit anything at all on Pro Pinball: Timeshock, you'd see the same thing.

I have nothing but rave reviews of the game from what I played of it, it's just a shame that I don't get to rave about it because of everything outside of the game itself making it hard to recommend to people...

The crazy thing is that it works out the same for us to buy an Alien in the USA and ship it back ( that does include 20% vat ) as buying one from HLD.

Americans get their Stern pro's for just over £4000.

Would have been nice if a UK manufacturer gave us a similar incentive:rolleyes:

Jesus - could those guys be more unexcited!?!

They are unboxing and setting up a brand new pin! Not attending an autopsy.

Aren't all NIB sessions accompanied by whooping, hollering, packing torn apart in a frenzy, beer being spilt on the glass before its even switched on...... or is that just a South Coast thing :)

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Aren't all NIB sessions accompanied by whooping, hollering, packing torn apart in a frenzy, beer being spilt on the glass before its even switched on...... or is that just a South Coast thing :)

Oh, but to live in the land of pinball milk and honey that is America, and to be so used to opening NIB games that it's almost a chore... if that were me I would need a fresh pair of underwear, I agree.

I hear ya,

but you do then set fire to them in a south coast pagan ritual :rofl:

I’ve checked the prices at HLD. Pity folk in the U.K don’t get a decent deal for a change. Wonder if we could get a group discount direct from heighway. Think I would rather have a DI on those prices..

I think they were slightly worried as a few of the ones that landed in America last week had reported issues. Lights not working, playfield screen playing up. That is why he was praying at the beginning of the video.

Interested to see how they reacted to the build quality and design elements, compared to Stern etc, in a room filled with the finest US pins.

You’ve got to hand it to HW for a brand new startup with no experience or track record. All else aside, they’ve truly innovated and it’s a massive achievement. [emoji636]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom