For Sale Alien Pinball Ultra Rare Limited Addition

John Lush

Jun 25, 2017
Poole Dorset
In mint condition, this is a truly outstanding pinball that plays superbly. It is Ultra rare as only a limited number made worldwide.

If you know anything about this machine you will know how truly awesome it is.

Featuring three screens, the player is submersed into the depths of outer space to play through multiple modes and stories featuring some of the most iconic storylines from both movies.

For Sale £9,000

Attachments

Vimtoman

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
London
If this was around when i first started last year I would have bought it.

Just needs a smoke machine inside near the eggs.

Durzel

Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2017
Bath, UK
Ticking timebomb..
I don't know about that to be honest. Sure there are probably some unobtanium things in it, but you can say the same of other pins too. I've got a 2011 Stern Tron LE and as far as I know now the ramps are discontinued and no longer available. Apparently the wire form on TAF is likewise unavailable to buy anywhere. Granted those are fairly simplistic things, but pretty integral to the game.. if yours breaks then you're **** outta luck.

There is a LOT of effort being put in by highly motivated individuals on Pinside to keep Alien running. In some cases these individuals are themselves talented techs, and have recreated or bettered components that were originally supplied by Heighway. A guy called TImeBandit on there in particular has redesigned LED boards, etc. A better Alien cog system has been developed, etc.

If I were in the market I'd probably be more confident now of keeping one running than I would've been back when Heighway was limping along, ignoring all correspondance, etc.

Reactions: Beowulfz07

chris b

Apr 18, 2012
Bradford west yorkshire
People fix things it happens, especially in pinball. 15 years ago a lot of stuff was obsolete and games were broken for parts it was uneconomical to repair some games, look at the parts supply now - very few games get broken up.
But Williams Bally and stern sold 1000s of each model with most parts fitting other games I can’t see people bothering reproducing Highwayman parts when he only made a handful of games

Big Phil

Nov 24, 2011
County Durham
Would love to own one during my time in this hobby. Sadly, £9k is too rich for me though :-(

Would like to have one at UKPinfest also.

Bigmike20vt

Nov 15, 2018
Cambridge
Wow I love everything aliens. I never knew this existed. It looks fantastic. Would be wonderful if ever one of these needed a complete restoration it was fully scanned for visual pinball. It is probably the only way most of us will ever get to see it

RudeDogg1

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2012
Barnstaple, Devon
Wow I love everything aliens. I never knew this existed. It looks fantastic. Would be wonderful if ever one of these needed a complete restoration it was fully scanned for visual pinball. It is probably the only way most of us will ever get to see it
It was visual pinball in the design stage it wasn’t scanned

Martywolfman

Jun 2, 2018
Bedford
Yep, when I went to flipout, it was the game I played more than any other. Definitely a great game. Just a shame about the company that made it.