What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alien & London Pinball league - Season 10

Matt Vince

Site Supporter
I am please to announce that the first meet of season 10 will be held alongside the Alien launch party at the Four Quarters East on Sunday April 2nd.

The league format is changing again (thanks to IFPA) and will consist of 3 meets (Four Quarters East, Brewdog & Four Quarters Peckham) with a final held at the end of the last meet.

The expected machine list for the first meet is,

Alien
World cup soccer
Road show
Fish tales
Flash Gordon
Eightball Deluxe

Entry on the day is £5 and gets you into both events with under 16's free.

I'm hoping to get there at some point on Sunday but probably later in the afternoon.

Will there be an Alien to play for people not in the tournament?

Last edited:
The machine list for Sunday is:

Alien
World Cup Soccer
Road Show
Fish Tales
Funhouse
Congo

remind me where it is again Matt, i thought it was Shepherds Bush but it's not, it's somewhere in the East or South East isn't it?

postcode and nearest train/tube/buses please and/or confirmation if there's any parking

remind me where it is again Matt, i thought it was Shepherds Bush but it's not, it's somewhere in the East or South East isn't it?

postcode and nearest train/tube/buses please and/or confirmation if there's any parking

All the details are here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1195242247261448/

There is parking at 'Here East' in a multi storey 100 yards away. If you can't find the bar, head towards the canal. There is a parade of restaurants etc and the Four Quarters is there.

Last edited:
The amended machine line-up will be:

Alien
Congo
World Cup Soccer
Funhouse
Road Show
Fish Tales
Eightball Deluxe
Flash Gordon

Unfortunately, Martin (of pinball news fame) is unable to attend this Sunday's launch party. He was to be taking pics and writing a report to be published on his website. If anyone else has any interest in doing this in his absence, then I believe he would be very grateful and offers a small gift to all those that produce write ups for Pinball News.

Drop me a message if interested.

Congratulations to Steffan Parry on winning the Alien launch party today!

Massive thanks to Helmut, Emma and Sarah for all their help today.

Here are the results:

1 Steffan Parry
2 Vin Jauhal
3 Matt Vince
4 Stan Simpson
5 Helmut Langenbruch
6 Chris Poyntz
7 Tony Molloy
8 Sam Cullis
9 Punk Stig
10 Sarah Vince
11 Paul Closs
12 Mark Johnson
13 Rebbeca Whitfield
14 Rayne Passmore
15 Nick Hegarty
16 Alan Pickering
17 Jenette Passmore
18 Andy Ball
19 Owen Richards
20 Mike Kindler
21 John Whitfield
22 Ryan Smith
23 Emma Oliver
24 Jason Poyntz
25 Melissa Pickering
26 Tim Thornton
27 Matthew Whitfield
28 Bob Pickering
29 Jon Emack
30 Bobby Hayden
31 John Gardiner
32 Andrew Greenwood
33 Matti Beramsingh
34 Richard Wade
35 Kira Baker
36 Chris Jubb
37 Dave Roberts
38 Punk Stig
39 Heather Kennedy
40 Angus Bailey

I would also like to thank Heighway Pinball for donating prizes and building an awesome game, as well as The Four Quarters East for Hosting the event today.

The results of the London Pinball League meet today are:

Justin Walker
Sam Cullis
Chris Poyntz
Jason Poyntz
Vin Jauhal
Tim Thornton
Tom Lee
Steffan Parry
Matt Vince
John Whitfield
Helmut Langenbruch
Bobby Hayden
Stan Simpson
Nick Hegarty
Dave Roberts
Emma Oliver
Mark Johnson
Andy Ball
Chris Jubb
Punk Stig
Alan Pickering
Heather Kennedy
Ryan Smith
Mike Kindler
Bob Pickering
John Gardiner
Matthew Whitfield
Sarah Vince
Matti Beramsingh
Owen Richards
Andrew Greenwood
Jon Emack
Jenette Passmore
Rebecca Whitfield
Tony Molloy
Rayne Passmore
Angus Bailey
Pete Closs
Melissa Pickering
Kira Baker
Richard Wade
Mathilda Walker

Hi Matt,

Thanks for all the work you put into this event (+Sarah & Justin). Great to see another good venue and more new faces.

Alien was looking great. I had no idea what was going on but it looks like it's got the potential to be a great machine. Seeing it so close to 24 really brought home how much more was in Alirn compared to a Stern Pro. Looks like Andy should have a real success on his hands. It's leaps and bounds ahead of Full Throttle. :)

Thanks Matt and everyone at Four Quarters and Heighway for a great day. Well chuffed with my win (first ever!), a few odd looks on the tube carting my translite home mind, but it was worth it! Alien looks like a real winner and I own a small piece of it already! Maybe I can build it, bit by bit by winning the individual parts? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks Matt and Sarah, had a lovely day and some great pale ale, in fact too nice as i wasnt driving.
Nice to meet some new people too, even if I was mistaken for someone else :)

thanks Matt and Sarah, had a lovely day and some great pale ale, in fact too nice as i wasnt driving.
Nice to meet some new people too, even if I was mistaken for someone else :)

Likewise Mr Mission,
Thanks again to Matt and everyone else for a top day out :thumbs:

Great machine, really deep ruleset and brilliant software. Fantastic use of the license. Definitely one to have at home, you barely scratch the surface in a pub environment.

Have to admit to being tempted to laying down a deposit on one! Very reasonably priced too compared to new Sterns and JJ machines.

Of course- I reckon I should be entitled to a discount now! As Helmut himself said, they don't need to sell me a translite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Matt and Sarah from me too. Fantastic day.

For those near London,

I stayed in London overnight and went back to Four Quarters East today hoping for a couple more plays. It turned out the bar was shut but the manager was there and came to the door. He told me that Alien would be hanging around "for a few days."

I'm very sorry I didn't ask how many days but at the time I was a bit gutted that I couldn't play it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but Alien won't be available to play at the Four Quarters. It will be in Brewdog Sheppard's Bush shortly though.

Back
Top Bottom