What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Alien: I/O board, Facehugger-kicker arm

Mike Parkins

Site Supporter
I have checked Swedish site Freeplay and Pinball-life - Any UK suppliers of Alien parts?
mike.

In their (Andy Heighways) wisdom wasn't everything custom/bespoke? Whats up with the I/O board?

Is it that dissimilar a BW or similar one can’t be modified? Also if u ever need to replace the face huggers them self they are cheap as chips on AliExpress. I bought one for an alien project think it was less than £3 with free postage

In their (Andy Heighways) wisdom wasn't everything custom/bespoke? Whats up with the I/O board?
I don't know for sure but I assume the IO board for the topmost LEDS is malfunctioning. Most of the LEDS are off, one just cycles through colours seemingly at random.

I might have an led board, not sure. Can you send me a pic?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It is a Bally Williams kicker arm , problem is they drilled through the middle of the arm to fix the face hugger thus weakening the arm. After used it's only a matter of time before the arm starts to degrade.
I changed one myself on the same game sounds like the other has given up the ghost.
D.

It is a Bally Williams kicker arm , problem is they drilled through the middle of the arm to fix the face hugger thus weakening the arm. After used it's only a matter of time before the arm starts to degrade.
I changed one myself on the same game sounds like the other has given up the ghost.
D.

Oh that’s abit naff they would of been better off moulding the plastic part so that it had some kind of extension on it to attach to it

D.
Where did you get the new part?

Where did you get the new part?
I take it the slingshot kicker arm needs replacing ? If so a standard WMS slingshot arm will do the trick. Heighway used a few Bally Williams parts and the kicker arm was one of them.

The problem is Heighway didnt make enough parts to put on the alien machines - so I dare say left in the factory a few aliens and full throttles are left 'awaiting boards'.

I know someone bought an Alien on here with loads of spares included a couple of months ago - may be worth tracking them down.

May also be worth PM'ing @Helmut Langenbruch on here as he designed a lot of gadgets on Alien. He may also have a board - but unsure if he wants to give up any of his spares.

I know a few people with Heighway games who somehow got spare boards, and they are all keeping them as it is highly unlikely that these boards will be reproduced.

Also, If I wanted to confirm a faulty I/O board, are they interchangeable?
Hi Mike, what is the fault? Yes, they are interchangeable. Check the Led on the IO Boards first. 1 solid green (power) , 1 solid Amber (12 volt) , 1solid red (solid red only if the coin door is closed 70 volt) and 2 flashing green (1 flashing green Next to the mini USB for the communication and the other flashing green indicates the IO Board is programmed). If the green LED next to the mini USB on the IO Board is not flashing, then the IO Board lost the communication to the PC.

Back
Top Bottom