What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afm or mb

octamus

Registered
What pin is better and why looking to get one of these but can't make my mind up which one

Everyone's will have their own opinion but for me I think it would be AFM

Maybe because I haven't played both of them enough but of the 2 I'd want an AFM which I think is also the dearer one. I would love to have both though

If it was me with £8k to spend (one day, maybe, not......) I'd have MM and MB, would find MM and AFM too similar in play style to have both of them if limited to 2.

The AFM is about £500 too much. New playfield, £700 new decals £250 someone to do the work if you don't want to £800.

So about £5K all in. You can pick up a nice one for £4500. They are out there

MM £5500 for a nice one.
MB £5000 for a nice one

I know of a MB, all working, metal parts polished.

Cabinet has wrinkling around legs. The playfield is in good shape with little wear to Drac track and scoop. But wolf man face in centre has corner taken out showing insert. IPB MB playfield included tho.

Think the seller wants £4250

MM £5500 for a nice one.
MB £5000 for a nice one

I know of a MB, all working, metal parts polished.

Cabinet has wrinkling around legs. The playfield is in good shape with little wear to Drac track and scoop. But wolf man face in centre has corner taken out showing insert. IPB MB playfield included tho.

Think the seller wants £4250
Was that the one that was forsale recently on ebay

Nope, just a friend looking to thin his collection.

I will speak with him tomorrow, get some pictures if you are interested.

What pin is better and why looking to get one of these but can't make my mind up which one

Pretty irrelevant question IMO as it is what YOU like.As I frequently say ones mans turd is anothers gem.
Depends on your perspective.MOST would say don't own AFM and MM as very similar.
Yes they are right,but,in MY case AFM was my fave game,so,I obviously liked MM.Both similar layout,but different themes.I have a 10 plus collection,so it was not a problem.
I would not recommend owning both in a 5 plus collection.
I got rid of MM last year after owning for about 6 1/2 years-this was to fund MOP,otherwise it would still be here.
However don't miss it as much as I thought I would-why?Prob cos I still have aFM(to me best game ever).

I have wanted a MB for a few years now but aint got one as I think it is overpriced.
MB is a good game,great characters,great art,music etc but it is a bit easy.

If a MB was £3k,and an AFM was £3.5k,I would still go for AFM

Your call,either way both fun games

But £8k and only space for two?For me go for two different games-variety is the spice of life.

For that you could prob get AC/DC premium AND AFM,second hand.

Now THAT would be a foo king mega two pin line up:rofl::wave:

Or get TX Sector and Robo-War(both imported) and still have £6k:thumbs:

Get MB through your system for a few months then sell it (as many tire of it) to buy an AFM to keep.

Pretty irrelevant question IMO as it is what YOU like.As I frequently say ones mans turd is anothers gem.
Depends on your perspective.MOST would say don't own AFM and MM as very similar.
Yes they are right,but,in MY case AFM was my fave game,so,I obviously liked MM.Both similar layout,but different themes.I have a 10 plus collection,so it was not a problem.
I would not recommend owning both in a 5 plus collection.

Meant to say would only recommend owning both if you have a 5 plus collection

MB for me, got a stunning AFM for sale restored by Replicas if you are after one, £4600 firm alternative re-decalled cabinet artwork (one of only 5 in the world I believe) won best at show a while back, new playfield, new ramps, new legs, lighted alternative backboard, martian red eye mods, red eye plastics mod, slingshot flasher mod kit, UV saucer decals and light mod, UV flipper mod kit, under cab light, leg protectors, new coin door plays A1 with no faults and looks great.

All mods can be removed, probably more new bits on this machine,

afmdec2_zps40d1cf77-jpg.7903

Last edited:
I'm not sure I really understand why I like AFM so much - looking at the layout it's so simple (coupla ramps and scoops, big drop down target bank in the middle, shaker motor underneath). I guess it just all fits together perfectly and has that magical but vague thing you hear a lot about in pinball circles - flow. :D

MB is pretty different - one of the best examples of "everything but the kitchen sink on the pf" IMO.

Back
Top Bottom