What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AFM Mods

Dave Bishop

Site Supporter
With a AFM coming in soon

I’m going to spend a bit on it..

Must have Mods:
Color DMD ✅
Bill Ung Saucer & Expansion Kit ✅
GOZ Mothership Board
Shaker Motor kit ( Pinbits currently sold out) ✅
Back Board decal
Flipper Fedility speaker kit or PINSOUND kit
Now.. have people seen the Pingraffix art blades that light up!?

Manual Set ✅

Last edited:
yeah they look great but they are challenging to install and also once installed you have to be super careful lifting the Playfield, there was an AFM with this kit at NYCPC a couple of years ago and working on it wasn't easy, given you'll be swapping switches on that WPC-95 for the next 5 years not sure I'd risk it. Mirrorblades look lovely. Also don't forget the eat at eddies mod and either the 3d translite or the alt translite.

If doing the sound I would go pinwoofer either with their upgraded speakers or flipper fidelity - rather than pinsound unless you are desperate to have agro with it almost everyday. (We have a bunch of games in the club with pin sound, I can't remember the last time when we turned them all on and there wasn't a problem with one of them).

You've just kind of highlighted why going for a CGC AFM is so worth it. WideScreen ColorDMD, upgraded amp and speakers and speaker lights, mirror blades, Bill Ung's mod built in from factory, GozMod (on steroids) built in from the factory.... oh and super reliability and no switches to spend the rest of your life soldering. Just add the eat at eddies mod and you are done :D

Neil.

Went to see the AFM again today, and fire it up (didn’t turn it on last visit)

Well pleased to say the game has:

Bill Ung Saucer Kit installed already
New Forrest Pinball Speaker Kit
Pinbits blackout Mod

Hey

Would any owners of a 1995 AFM with Pinbits shaker motor please post pictures of the kit...
Would any owners of a 1995 AFM with Pinbits shaker motor please post pictures of the kit...

The wiring harness that plugs into the Pinbits board and then Then where that plugs into.

Thanks

My original AFM with pinball pro speakers (chrome sub upgrade) sounds very acceptable and I’m fussy with sound.
Somebody must have changed the switches in mine because I’ve not had one thing go wrong with it, solid and it has all the mods including the led eyes which look amazing but I have had to re solder the wires on the back of them a couple of times. The lighting up thick plexi backboard is also really nice.
Would not bother with pinsound just upgrade the speakers. Would like to try pinwoofer though one day.

No shaker motor in mine though.

Back
Top Bottom