What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on pf protectors etc for Metallica Pro+where to buy mods for 1st pin

Den - aka Wolfgang

Site Supporter
Evening all, I hope everyone is well.

So I have first pin (MET PRO) on its way a little over a week from now and would like some advice for a newbie owner like myself re; anything such as playfield protectors I should be buying and where to order from?

Pinball Bazzar is the only site I could find in thr u.k, but if anyone has any other sites to recommend I'd be grateful.

Protectors and maintenance:

To my knowledge I don't believe my pin has any protectors etc fitted and the machine will be my pride & joy, so want to look after it as much as I can; which items should I buy? (would be handy handy know how difficult anything it to fit before I order too)

Should I get plastic/playfield protectors/cliff's?; if so, which ones from where?
I see there is also a shooter lane protector and and extended Sparkey airball protector you can buy; are they worth it?

Which cleaning/protective products should I buy and how often to use?

Mods:

I'll prob want to buy the snake mod (the sticker kind of thing which extends the snake up and around thr right ramp) - does anyone know where I can get this from in the U.K?

Possibly interested in the snake mouth light mod - is this difficult to install?

I'll likely get the cemetery mod (although seems bloody expensive for what it is....); is it difficult to install? (As it has a light, I'm a bit worried about piping that into the wiring and ballsing something up)

Does anyone have experience with the Pinshield PF glass protectors for when the pin isn't being used?; this seems preferable to a dust cover for the whole machine.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Some of this is such personal preference but…
Pinshield cover is very good, fits well, looks nice - get one.
My playfield is in superb condition and had had 1000’s of games. Wouldn’t dream of using a playfield protector on it.
Colywobbles protectors are always great, neon look good on this pin - so that’s on slings and outlane plastics.
Snake light mod is really unnecessary - it has its own flasher (well worth changing to a green one) and also a green light behind it, just no point at all in lighting the mouth. Tongue decal & fangs are worth adding though.
I’m not a fan of speaker lights but they look great on this pin and there some nice cut out designs for speaker inserts too.
This pin looks great as it is, I personally wouldn’t add the cemetery arch but that just personal choice again, I’ve added some subtle bits, I’ll pm you some pics [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other thing…. slow down [emoji23], get the pin first. Level it, play it & enjoy it. Then start thinking about what you might like to add (or remove) [emoji106]

Cheers for the advice Andy😀 You are defo right about slowing down; wasn't planning on adding any mods fora while (if at all; already has some good mods; speaker lights, snake fangs etc), my priority was more should I be adding protectors etc to make sure I look after it. (Glad the pf protector isn't recommended; really don't want to be disassembling anything. Think the machine is one of the earlier models and the pf is I think in great condition ) - will look into plastic protectors though👍🏻
I do have a nice Dirty Donny 'tallica poster on the way to hang next it it though 😀 - need to find a blacklight solution to shine on it, as it reacts to that.

…colour DMD [emoji106]
And sparky airball protector is a must too.

I love mine, still smells of beer when you open the coin door but I feel washing that smell out will be like kicking Dave Mustaine out of the band again [emoji23]

I love mine, still smells of beer when you open the coin door but I feel washing that smell out will be like kicking Dave Mustaine out of the band again [emoji23]

🤣 Speaking of which, I was thinking of making a sign to put near the machine for when people are over "no food or drinks near machine!...", but I I that'd encourage people😀 - prob best to just buy one of those drinks holders for pint glasses.

Re; colour DMD, might do that down thr line if one comes up at a good price (have colour roms set up on a lot of tables in Visual Pinball), however I quite like the look of the Red dmd ; like the semi-old school look👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom