What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! How fix right loop diverter on NBA Fastbreak?

J.C.Rox

Site Supporter
Hi all,

Finally dusted off and set up NBA Fastbreak for the first time since I bought it last year and I'm absolutely loving it! What an original and fun game! Its missing a couple of bits that are available from Marcos but I'm hoping someone in the UK might have these bits in storage and save me paying the tax man the dreaded import charges.

Ball hang up kit for right ramp https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-22014

Right loop diverter blade https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/01-14625 Is this even necessary as the ball comes back down to the bumpers and how does it fit to the post?

The bit that holds the blue rubber ball guide protector thingy! https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10253

Other then the odd hang ups and the ball guide gettng a bit bashed none of these really affect game play but it would be nice to have the game as the Williams Gods intended. Any mods for this game out there? Have people ledded this game, any advice and tips welcomed.

Cheers,

Jon

nah its gone! but I agree its an excellent and under rated game.

Order them from Marcos and now and choose two day shipping to my hotel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh bugger I scrapped a full NBA but may have some bits kicking around. I’m guessing your PF is a decent one but it it does have issues I have quite a nice one sitting here

Col

91223143-EEC8-48E0-AA6D-7E53C8F7E119.jpeg224032D5-1E7E-4D2F-95A2-3E1DD8CDF0ED.jpeg69DC4BC5-57A9-42AA-BFAD-1E5B1484DA82.jpeg709260FD-5ECF-45A2-A1E5-E291740CF706.jpeg

Update! Got all the bits via the legend @pinballmania.

Can anyone show me how the right loop diverter plate attaches to the top of the post? It came with no fixing instructions. Is it a small spring clip?

Update! Got all the bits via the legend @pinballmania.

Can anyone show me how the right loop diverter plate attaches to the top of the post? It came with no fixing instructions. Is it a small spring clip?

It's an e-clip (see pic).

I'm currently trying to iron out a few Fastbreak issues, when you say your ball guide is getting a bit bashed is that the hook diverter ?

The diverter on mine rubs the ramp plastic when it lowers, getting a new ramp soon so hoping to solve that issue.

If anyone has any random spare NBA bits for sale I'd probably be interested, quite a few bits that I'd like to get spares for.

Attachments

• IMG_5317.jpg
    IMG_5317.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 40
It's an e-clip (see pic).

I'm currently trying to iron out a few Fastbreak issues, when you say your ball guide is getting a bit bashed is that the hook diverter ?

The diverter on mine rubs the ramp plastic when it lowers, getting a new ramp soon so hoping to solve that issue.

If anyone has any random spare NBA bits for sale I'd probably be interested, quite a few bits that I'd like to get spares for.
Hi mate, thanks for the pic, I'll get hunting now for an eclip to fit the diverter finally! The bit that got bashed was between the left scoop and left loop, should have a blue rubber clamped on the end which it now does after ordering the part listed in my first post. It seems this and the right loop diverter are commonly missing, that e clip is a real design flaw and probably pops off over time on most games I'd have thought!

You could probably file away some of the ramp to stop the rubbing if the problem persists on your new ramp, good luck with the switch over, always a fiddle!

Back
Top Bottom