What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added a sub to my Jukebox

M4carp

Site Supporter
Alias
Lostcause
Sub controller arrived today, £7 eBay. I have a pair of these subs but only Paradigm controller to run both. No filters built in.
Seems the controller doesn’t really change the frequency but it has dropped it low and has level control, good enough.
Adds that punch that I like, but do get some glass shaking on the pins😏
Bass from the jukebox was good, especially bass lines. Amazing now😎
D45F22D4-669A-4FE0-874B-4C91C50ED99D.jpeg

You need a sub with a Juke?!?!
Never would of thought it with those nsm machines.
What do you have the bass/treble set as ?
10/10 All the way for my room, the manual advices 10 bass for my room.
Im a sound system guy so I need more☺️
My van system gives you blurry vision, my house system shakes doors and my old pa I sold to my son shook the neighbours houses who are not next to me😂
Now my jukebox shakes things but I have adjusted it to be just enough otherwise kills the mid/highs.

Are you bass speakers in the juke phased correctly ?

what you need in any system is a BBE sonic maximizer
Not checked them as think phase is ok but I will try the left/right channel trick when my remote arrives👍
It sounds great to everyone else so its just me probably.
Speakers look solid as well but one thing I noticed straight away with it was when sound first comes on it’s a bit louder and distorted then auto levels but sounds ok from then on until it has a gap then turns amp on again I guess then will do that again. All volume levels ok not fixed. All speakers working and solid. Can turn right up with no issues.

I had a DBX Driverack with one of my PA systems, that did a load of stuff and some. I had some nice Matrix amps made by a guy called Andy, made them in Newport. Had to do a party on a Saturday and my ’top’ amp went down night before, got hold of Andy and he met me in Newport on the way to the gig to look at amp. He couldn’t sort it so gave me another amp to get me out of trouble. Top bloke. He told me the top amp manufacturers were trying to get him to sell out to them because his design was so simple compared to theirs and generally very reliable.

Last edited:
Yes. I know Matrix amps well. Used in guitar rigs as he makes a super flat response light weight one

Seriously. Buy a BBE ! In fact I have one spare I could send you if @Courtney Blush can sort it out when I’m servicing at fife street this week.

Back
Top Bottom