What's new

Addams Family Thread

Bandit Boy

Registered
Right guys, I'm now resigned to the hard hitting financial fact that TAF is officially out of my reach, but as a way of a consolation prize how about you lucky owners posting a few pics of your pride and joy for me and other fans to look at and dream... Please... :thumbs:

BB

Gone but not forgotten...

DSC_3299.JPG

Owning and pimping a nice Addams Family was an itch i had to scratch...
It's been gone a year and i do not miss it. It was more of a trophy game than one i'd personally keep returning to. When i stored it at work for 6months while we had some work done at home it served up 2000 games without failure, but only about 5 of those were mine. It's a great classic game, with lots of great rewarding stuff to do and some fantastic (albeit muffled) audio, but it feels dated now when you play more modern games. That's just my opinion. I'd love another, but only if space and cash were no issue.

...and the lack of a ball save drives me nuts! Yes, i'm s.h.i.t. at Pinball. Save my balls you bald bastard.

Love the LED's.......

Always gotta be careful with what you use - worst example I ever saw is a TAF in a Brewdog in London, mostly fitted with blue LED's and not the bright kind either. The crappy 1smd super dim ones that are hardly worth the effort, compounded by the fact it is in a dark dingy pub basement makes it nearly impossible to play because you can't even see the ball and that is coming from someone with fairly good eyesight!

Me and some friends found the solution was to play by phone flashlight :D There was also a Dirty Harry there that suffered the same issue!

Bought my first one for £900 about 8 years ago. Loved it! Sold it to fund a TZ

Managed to find a lovely TAFG at a good price a few years later. Sold it to fund WOZ, my first NIB.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Just picked up a 3rd TAF, drove to France from Newcastle to get this one! Just waiting on some PDI glass for it

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Mine's currently stored in my Dads garage but here's a few older pics. I've got a new plastic set, new ramp and various other bits and pieces as well as being on the list for a CPR playfield when they get finished so it will get turned into a minter....still in pretty decent nick anyway :D

P1040154.JPG

P1040155.JPG

P1040161.JPG

that was a bit of luck, finding a Wednesday Addams strolling past. this is exactly what the Addams family woulda done if they had a machine, electric shocks all round!
genius bit of engineering there by Moose and Poibug and DFD and Dazza and others

Back
Top Bottom