What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Addams Family from 2008

replicas

Site Supporter
Alias
Nipper Pinball
Got a little snippet of info this week that one of the Addams Family's that I restored to like new condition was sold this week.
I did this one up in 2008 and it was finished in time for the Wickstead show of 2008, It was new everything and had TAF gold decals fitted. Many people on here might remember it. I had decided to sell it at the show and had it up for sale for £2000. This is when things were a lot cheaper, the base game cost me £300 the year before and a brand new playfield was £400. Now I look back on it £2000 was a cracking price, no wonder I had three people fighting over it.
Anyway I was talking to Phil from Pinball Heaven and he was saying that he fixed a fault on it the week before which was just a loose wire. He got talking to the guy because he recognized the machine to be one that I had done and it came about that the guy said he had sold the machine and he wanted it fully working before it left to go to its new home.
It had been in the guy's house for 5 years and had not been played much at all.

So for a like new HUO (well since its restore) Addams how much do you think ?
I sold this for a good price back in 2008 for £2000, which at the time was a good price for a TAF.
the guy sold it this week for .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................£5600 :eek:

How's that for a good investment.
That machine was a beautiful machine and played loverly.
Wish I could have seen it and played one last game on her before she went.

Last edited:
Big money but for someone it is the right price. Many people are not into the guts and gubbins of things, they want a good machine they can add to their house and not worry about fixing or cleaning etc. They want a fully restored and perfect machine to enjoy and I expect this TAF fitted the bill perfectly.
If you can buy a tired one now for £2.5; £1k on getting the playfield sent off for restore ; £1k for a Manny TAF cab you are at £4.5k without paying someone to strip and put it all back together.
I know there are many playable machines out there but like classic cars, most people lust after the restored ones.

I have some nostalgia about the machine, but I never really liked playing it.

The one I had was a beater. Paid £1950 for it which ended up in a trade for a brand new Tron. Best pinball decision I ever made.

A decent enough game and I must admit 'showtime' in a darkened room is superb.
Beyond that however.....average IMO.
Not gutted to see it go considering just how much I yearned to own one.
I honestly prefer playing many others way above it.
My current STTNG had been with my twice as long. Subjective however.

Back
Top Bottom