What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Addams Family after 15 years in storage

I have heard they can cause damage if locked on. I believe it is wise to fit a fuse kit. This type of thing, the fuse blows in magnet locks on. I am just gonna make my own.Unknown.jpeg

Yeah that’s what I’ve read about them and also plan to fit something similar.

I just wasn’t sure if the actual magnets eventually fail like a coil can as I’ve seen replacement magnets are available.

Cabinet sanded awaiting to be filled and further sanding. Started the backbox today, in worse condition than I thought, lots of dings and knackered corners, etc see how that goes.
I did not realise that the back of the backbox was MDF with all other sides in Ply. Noticed that there was some swelling down 3 sides, worse at the top. After some thought I decided to remove it and will IMG_1157.JPGIMG_1158.JPGreplace with ply, created more work, but better get is as good as I can.

Out of interest, how is the back panel fitted? We’re they simply fixed in place with panel pins or nails? Did you just knock it out?

Nailed and glued. The glue did not have a strong hold. Fairly easy to knock it out, just needed to be careful not to damage anything

Keep up the good work. i would love one of these pins so i will be following your progress to keep updated. 👍

Back
Top Bottom