What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC/DC Pinside top 100

Kelsbells

Site Supporter
Alias
Christian
AC/DC suddenly jumped to 2nd on pinside top 100, I know it’s subjective and a bit of fun but seems a strange jump up the rankings week on week

Seems to be based on 41 reviews of the le.
Surly they should take an average of all versions for each pin?

Controversial!
I’d agree. Fastest game sell-off ever for me (Luci). Just didn’t appreciate the rules and layout. Felt it was a complete and utter mess, which was sad given I love the Ritchie/Lyman combo Spider-Man (my longest resident). Just shows you how polarising games can be to individuals, and respectfully it’s each to their own.

Pinside is slowly separating the LE and premium versions of Stern games in their database into separate entries. Could it be something related to that?

I've had the AC/DC Pro Vault (nib) for over 5 years now and I still love it. Brilliant game.

Looks like they now take the highest rated version of a game to use in rankings...
Yes, it does look that way and it's now a bit of a mess - to be honest.

I like AC/DC, it's a great pin, but the Prem is rated similar to Addam's Family and Batman 66 - and that's kinda how I would rate it, as well. Amazing pin, but not the best pin.

Some of the other rankings are also now a bit skew-y. Rush the 14th best pin of all time? Really? Better than A:IQ and The Addam's Family? The mind boggles.

I never really rated ACDC but reading these comments will be having a few games when I'm next at electric circus

I never really rated ACDC but reading these comments will be having a few games when I'm next at electric circus
It's a great pin. It's not immediately intuitive what to do, so I didn't get into it at first, but @Jackpot showed me how to start a multiball and I went through there, with it. I'm still not very good, but at least I can see what I *should* be doing :) [Note: shoot the right and left ramps lots of times, then shoot the right ramp when Album multiball is lit].

It's a great game, I miss mine. Really needs to be heard though - turn up the volume! Sound package is superbly integrated with the gameplay.

Rules are very good but the basics do need explaining (song objectives + the 3 multiballs).

Layout is average with only 5 main shots of which 4 feel great (sorry, right orbit). Shooting the bell feels so good it kind of makes up for it though. Mini pf gets boring after a while.

Artwork is up there with the ugliest ever!!

Overall a blast to play alone or with friends - guaranteed to get you pumped 😎

It's a great game, I miss mine. Really needs to be heard though - turn up the volume! Sound package is superbly integrated with the gameplay.

Rules are very good but the basics do need explaining (song objectives + the 3 multiballs).

Layout is average with only 5 main shots of which 4 feel great (sorry, right orbit). Shooting the bell feels so good it kind of makes up for it though. Mini pf gets boring after a while.

But wouldn’t you say having the LE version up at no2 on Pinside this week is a tad unrealistic when you think of the competition around best games ever?…Obviously best games ever debate is all completely in the eye of the beholder

But wouldn’t you say having the LE version up at no2 on Pinside this week is a tad unrealistic when you think of the competition around best games ever?…Obviously best games ever debate is all completely in the eye of the beholder
It's not the first time that the pinside top100 gets manipulated. I wouldn't pay too much attention - will sort itself out over time.

Interesting, Art wise I think the Luci vault Cab, translite etc..... is one of my favs
I have a blonde, brunette and readhead ..

Edit: Angus face on Pro is woeful..lol

Interesting, Art wise I think the Luci vault Cab, translite etc..... is one of my favs
I have a blonde, brunette and readhead ..

Edit: Angus face on Pro is woeful..lol
Yeah the Luci vault is not bad - I guess anything with a scantily-clad lass gets a pass. ;)

I had an original premium so was rather referring to that, and as you say the pro's Angus face is an eyesore to say the least...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom