What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Year In

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
So I have been in this hobby now a year or so... I remember longingly looking at the machines on here, thinking every one of them was a dream to own, playing pinball arcade, sipping whiskey playing pinball arcade, longing for a machine of my own. Shortly after picking up a Laser Ball for a song, and help getting it up and running, I have been lucky enough to own a Laser Ball, No Fear and move them on, my collection has moved to and now sits at a Walking Dead (Pro), Scared Stiff and World Poker Tour.

I have to say, I have met some amazing people and this community has been so supportive - thanks to you all.

From the guys I have played with and drunk with - @Nickoss II, @stumblor, @robotgreg @MartinY @AlanJ @thelab

To the streamers that do a great job keeping us up to date and entertained- @strobey @Neil McRae

Those that opened their home and talked shop with me when I knew so little (as I still do!) @DRD @Mfresh

The tech, resto and seller dudes that not only offer great advice, but top products @myPinballs @PinballDaze @pinballmania @philpalmer @chris b

The guys that have helped me on my Resto's @carl lawrence @Moonbus @RudeDogg1

Plus @Sgt GrizZ for letting me know, if it aint working, it just needs unplugging and pressing home (are you in IT?)

What a great hobby - full of top people, thanks and thank you all so much :) - I no longer rely on Pinball Arcade to love pinball and that is because of you all. Thanks.

Last edited:
Group hug! Nice one dude. And many happy thanks to you too.

Baby must be due soon yeah? How you guys holding up?

Baby is very close, wife on maternity... due date is 29th December.

Looking forward to it to be honest, although the last flip I had was 10 minutes on TWD and WPT on Wednesday after a week between last play.

I thought it was cash rich and time poor, not just poor :p

Best of luck - unless you have a decent support network (we didn't); your "free time" evaporates the very second she goes into labour, and it lasts for about 4yrs!

Ours was due mid-Jan, arrived 29th Dec. Caught us off-guard.. BE PREPARED and don't take on any machine restores for a little while.

Back
Top Bottom