What's new

A Good Weekend

Steve

Registered
A comment in another thread suggested that collectors (like me) who like to look after their pinball machines and keep them in top condition don't play them? Not sure where that idea comes from but this weekend I spent an amazing afternoon playing Dave Bishop's stunning collection. My first hour was spent on his Big Bang Bar which is truly a work of pinball art and a great playing game too. Next up was a 3-player on both his TAF Gold and his eye-watering LOTR. Today I've had a marathon session on my AFM and MM after polishing the playfields with a new wax. Just because collectors like Dave and myself like to keep our machines nice doesn't mean we don't play them, (I play every night) and I'd like to remind anyone on here my door is always open if you want to drop by for a game or three!

Had a cracking few games on my nice and shiny Batman Dark Knight this afternoon - great way to spend some time on a Sunday. And if Stern would be so kind as to get a code update out for Metallica, I'd spend more time on that too (it is also shiny & clean)

I have been spreading the pinball gospel this weekend - had a big family 40th celebration in a big rented barn conversion which also had a huge games room/barn attached with pool tables, table tennis etc so I chucked a pin in the car. The kids there bashed the hell out of it all weekend, and a good few big kids enjoyed a beer and a game on it also. At least a couple of guys seriously want one now :D

1796447_10152032586884262_730815387_n.jpg

Had a great time on Sat Steve, got 35mil on the TOTAN after you left Steve! Probably a low score to many but haven't played it much at shows etc. Nice is only a few mins away.
Thanks for the kind words.

Anyone who wants to come have a game on my pins is welcome too.

Back
Top Bottom