What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7 opto trough niggle

Jon Fletcher

Registered
Got a JD with an annoying trough fault.
Getting error on boot up “check switch 82 trough 5”
I’ve fitted a new transmitter board and changed the leds on the receiver board but fault still persists.
The result is that on multiball instead of 4 balls being launched all the balls are launched and the feature finishes with 2 balls still in play.

Have you checked for cracked solder joints on the connector?

Failing that it could be one of the LM339 chips....

But I know nothing

Take the balls out and put the game in switch test mode. Add a ball at a time to confirm the switch 82 fault report.

Don't check the connector joints, just re-flow them, the hairline crack is normally finer than most people's eyes can see.

If it's not the connector then work your way through this:
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Trough_opto_boards

I think it's very unlikely to be a LM339 issue.

I had a weird intermittent opto fault on a game, TZ I think. Same era as JD. The opto boards get do quite hot. I replaced optos, chips, reflowed solder on pins.... Eventually I found a cracked track on the board right next to one of the pins

I had a weird intermittent opto fault on a game, TZ I think. Same era as JD. The opto boards get do quite hot. I replaced optos, chips, reflowed solder on pins.... Eventually I found a cracked track on the board right next to one of the pins
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom