What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6.3amp fuse in place of 7amp?

edsr

Registered
Local maplin only has 6.3amp (or 10amp) to replace my blown 7amp ones on the main power supply board (Baywatch). Am I wasting my time putting 6.3’s in?

I’ve ordered some 7’s but won’t get to me for a while and keen to see if I can get the machine to fire up for the first time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks. If it’s worth a shot I’ll head across town and grab some this afternoon.

6.3A will be okay. Try with just the power connectors on board. If it blows, then rectifier will need replacing.

Thanks for the help. Yeah they both just blew again instantly. I’ll do some research into the bridge rectifier and see if I can get a replacement somewhere.

Unfortunately not. It’s my mums birthday, but I’m definitely keen on coming to one of these soon.

Thanks for the help chaps. Just posting up here in case anyone is googling or searching this forum, but to answer the original question, yes 6.3 amp fuses seem to be working fine having played a few games.

I fixed my Sega Baywatch F1 and F2 blowing by replacing the bridge rectifier (square metal block with four flat legs) at the bottom of the power board, using a replacement part from Maplin and now the machine boots and plays as normal.

Part:

https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/kbpc3504...&ranSiteID=je6NUbpObpQ-ZilI1ATP7aDwQioPpyxJ.Q

Thanks to @pinballmania for the info and link above

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom