What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5mm glass suppliers around Portsmouth area?

val33

Site Supporter
Hi Everyone,

I have just bought a Jungle Lord. Used to play one every day back in my college days! I have got it fully working and have just a few bugs to iron out and am planning on fitting a hardtop in a few weeks.

I am having no joy at all in finding a supplier for playfield glass within a reasonable drive. Does anyone know of a glass company in the Portsmouth, Southampton or Chichester area that can get 5mm tempered? Or is there a pinball supplier I’m not aware of in the region?

thanks

Hello
if you want to venture further East then I'm in Worthing, have glass in stock ready to drive away with
cheers Bob

Tempered safety playfield glass 21" x 43" x 3/16" (533mm x 1092mm x 5mm)​

Polished edges, dubbed corners, safety mark in corner £95 collection only​

2021-01-19-11.28.34-146x300.jpg 20210119_112721-146x300.jpg

Hello
if you want to venture further East then I'm in Worthing, have glass in stock ready to drive away with
cheers Bob

thanks Bob, if I still have no joy in the next week I will probably have to find my way over to you!

6mm is sometimes used, but it can be REALLY tight in the channels. Ive had to use a glass suction thingy ( sure theres a proper name ) to extract 6mm glass. Not ideal when you want to whip a glass off for a quick fix. 5mm glass equates to just 0.2mm thicker than 3/16"

Oh right OK just asking because I work with glass and know that a piece of 6mm toughened glass that size will cost around £40!

i bought a piece of toughened glass to fit bally super wide body recently. £37 -mind you that was in tight-fisted yorkshire

Back
Top Bottom