What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#555 wedge bulb orientation

Durzel

Registered
Quick one hopefully..

Is there any easy way of knowing - at a glance - which orientation a #555 wedge bulb needs to be in order to light up when energised?

e.g. Is the black writing you see on the bulb holder any kind of clue?

(I'm not being lazy, it would just help what I'm planning to do this weekend if I could reinstall something on the playfield without having to connect it all up underneath to test it, and then partially remove it again to finish the install)

A standard filament bulb doesn't care about the direction of current flow, so would work either way. The LEDs I've installed don't seem to care either, although in theory being a diode they should flow from the anode to cathode (positive to negative). Please correct me if I am wrong.

Some of the older/cheaper LED's are directional but everything I've used lately has worked either way.

Thanks both.

To be honest I'm going off the fact that the Comet #906 flasher LEDs I installed recently were directional, but looked a lot like #555 ones.

I just assumed the #555 bulbs would be the same, and that up until now I had just guessed right installing the few that I have :)

Back
Top Bottom