What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

545 bulbs and their replacements

ZeroTheHero

Registered
Hi all -

I am about to start looking at a FT. Unsurprisingly, none of the 545s in the backbox are present.

There are two options I guess.

One is to replace the sockets and use 455s. The other is to use a 545 LED replacement.

So I have a couple of questions.

Are the LEDs OK (visually) mixed with the normal non-blinking non-LED backbox 555s? Ore are they much too bright?

Is there a UK stockist for the LEDs? Have looked on Andys and Phils sites but can't find them for looking!

Which option would YOU take? If it makes a difference, I am considering using LEDs in strategic places on the pf of the machine, but am not sure yet, so I'd like the backbox LEDs (if I use them) not to be too overpowering!

Cheers all - Jon

Leds look crap in the backbox and create more glare on the playfield glass. Leds only look good in inserts imo. GI Can look good if not too bright and carefully placed....

Back
Top Bottom