What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D printed models / figures

PAX

Site Supporter
Alias
Paul Woollard
Anyone attemted to or knows of anyone who can print figures?
Seen a couple of sites that have 3D downloads available to do it yourself but not much use if you don’t have a printer your own kit.
Been looking everywhere for Eddie figures for the Maiden but they are either sold out or stupidly priced for what they are.
Perfect business opportunity for a talented person......
Cheers

Anyone attemted to or knows of anyone who can print figures?
Seen a couple of sites that have 3D downloads available to do it yourself but not much use if you don’t have a printer your own kit.
Been looking everywhere for Eddie figures for the Maiden but they are either sold out or stupidly priced for what they are.
Perfect business opportunity for a talented person......
Cheers
I know a lad with a 3D printer, perhaps he may be able to do them, I think he sells a few small items from it.
They are flat grey when printed though and require the buyer to paint.

Reactions: PAX
I know a lad with a 3D printer, perhaps he may be able to do them, I think he sells a few small items from it.
They are flat grey when printed though and require the buyer to paint.
Sounds like a possibility then :thumbs:
Getting them painted up shouldn't be a problem as there are talented people on here that could do that sort of thing. Seen some really good work done on here

My mate prints parts for me all the time. He can print in resin as well if needed.
If you want me to ask him for you let me know. 👍🏻

Last edited:
Yeah - had to buy the STL for it. theres a ton of free ones - but theres ones you can buy too - massive variation in quality. Think it was around $10 for the model.
Took ages to print and paint - but enjoyed doing so (well painting it - printing isnt really something you participate in :) )

Yeah - had to buy the STL for it. theres a ton of free ones - but theres ones you can buy too - massive variation in quality. Think it was around $10 for the model.
Took ages to print and paint - but enjoyed doing so (well painting it - printing isnt really something you participate in :) )
I am currently taking on 3d printing work. I have an Ultimaker S5 and an ultimaker 3 - these are pro desktop printers with dual extruders and my S5 can print composite materials if needed.
Please send me your stl file and I will take a look and send you a quote for printing, but not painting.

I have looked at the links you sent me, some of the designs may be a problem to print and others will need to be printed in parts and assembled, see: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/various/iron-maiden-the-trooper-eddie.
This one will be good for printing : https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/eddie-eddy-iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-tour-2019
The choice of material is important - will the model be subjected to > 70 degrees C ? will it get bashed? - if not then white PLA would be fine and good for the painting.
I will need to see the actual stl file before quoting you a firm price but (assuming PLA) and model is around 10 cm high I estimate in the region of £30 to £40 plus postage .
One of the dangers in using the CGtrader designs is that they are often designed for use in computer games rather than as actual printed models and as such they may have design anomalies which will cause problems when being printed, Watch out for the designs which need the file converted to stl. The designs on Thingiverse are free and specifically for printing, have you searched through there yet?

Found these 2 on cults
1652870754836.png
1652870768013.png
Think both might make good toppers ? The first one "somewhere eddie" is cheap to buy too £4.27. Could maybe fancy printing either of those myself just to paint.. (well to put in the pile of things I need to paint.. must finish painting my loony toons - I finally finished deadpools base so getting there :) )

Either/both would look good.
Are they scalable?

That depends on the design, in some cases scaling up will lose detail or may alter the actual design, e.g. a thin piece ends up too thick. The only way to see is when I scale it in the slicer (Cura) or Tinkercad.
But what dimensions would you need? the quantity of material and printing time will rapidly increase.

I've scaled the ones ive done as required and they've all looked ok. (Think I doubled deadpool - so his legs were about as my printer would let me - hes around 700mm including the base). But if the model isnt great to begin with scaling it wont help :)

mine is 300x300x400 - and yeah they take a while but filament usage isnt as bad as it seems. think Mr pool was around 1.5 rolls give or take

Looks a lot like the one on cults - which it could well be I guess.
Im curious - are the stripes yellow or gold (never had a lot of luck so far getting shiny silver or gold)

if your scaling up allot and loosing detail one option is to scale and reproject the details back on in something like zbrush.

that way you dont loose any detail. videos on how to do it on youtube.

Looks a lot like the one on cults - which it could well be I guess.
Im curious - are the stripes yellow or gold (never had a lot of luck so far getting shiny silver or gold)
after lots of debate I went with yellow to keep in theme with the back glass art

I just unlocked "all the things" on that patreon - so I see that model too. infact im currently procrastinating about what to print next - now that I have loads to choose from :D

I just unlocked "all the things" on that patreon - so I see that model too. infact im currently procrastinating about what to print next - now that I have loads to choose from :D
He does have same amazing stuff, plus I think he tries printing all his models before release

Well I've almost finished painting him. Its not perfect - but not bad either if I do say so myself.
Had to touch up a couple places that are not that noticeable except really close up and on camera. Oh and the lettering didnt turn out that great in the print and painting it didnt make it better.
1658484715731.png

I’m gonna get this:
Nemesis now… for my IMDN 26.5cm so perfect for a topper.
You can order on ZAVVI…
Found a discount code GSGSAVE15 to receive 15% off.
Got it for 121.98 delivered
Video:

4D6852E8-4DF5-44F0-9A6D-06152970733A.jpegE94C7EB3-2DA1-47B1-8AA7-025F8C079B83.jpeg3FCAFA33-F74B-4284-9AB4-E0F0B04F45C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom