What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! 2k budget first pin

Mooseman

Site Supporter
I have a good friend that has just joined the forum @Oddbod1963 and he’s after his first pin. He has a meagre budget 🫣 of 2k. If it’s a project pin I can help him out getting it roadworthy
So what have you?
Any nice offers he might have to fight me for😂😂

This Gilligan’s Island is looking for a new owner:

Special Force, already had some TLC?

Same price - and he'd have a chunk of beer change left over!

Special Force, already had some TLC?

Same price - and he'd have a chunk of beer change left over!
Second the Special Force, excellent fun pin for the money.

I have a magic castle from Zaccaria if of any interest ?

Would be about £1700 delivered on a pallet
image-2.jpg

stock image from ipdb, can get actual ones if interested​

williams amusements have a williams fire pinball in stock,£2295,he might help out with delivery. i have just bought a t zone from there and john is a good chap to deal with.all the machines i saw were well presented,they will make sure all pins work fine before sold.you can visit before hand and play any machine,i would recommend them.

williams amusements have a williams fire pinball in stock,£2295,he might help out with delivery. i have just bought a t zone from there and john is a good chap to deal with.all the machines i saw were well presented,they will make sure all pins work fine before sold.you can visit before hand and play any machine,i would recommend them.
chat to @VeeMonroe about hercexperience

chat to @VeeMonroe about hercexperience
They don’t make sure the pins work fine before sold. My Fish Tales turned up with the wrong size rubbers on the slingshots, causing a persistent ball jam. There was no way that the game had been played because, otherwise, the ball jam would have been noticed the minute a ball went down the left inlane.

I called him (I was new to pins at that time) and he suggested drilling into the playfield to resite the star post on the left slingshot (!!). Fortunately, I found the Pinside technical help forum and the posters helped me to identify the problem was a 3” rubber (rather than the 2 1/2” one that should have been there).

They don’t make sure the pins work fine before sold. My Fish Tales turned up with the wrong size rubbers on the slingshots, causing a persistent ball jam. There was no way that the game had been played because, otherwise, the ball jam would have been noticed the minute a ball went down the left inlane.

I called him (I was new to pins at that time) and he suggested drilling into the playfield to resite the star post on the left slingshot (!!). Fortunately, I found the Pinside technical help forum and the posters helped me to identify the problem was a 3” rubber (rather than the 2 1/2” one that should have been there).

Didn’t you say though this was sold to you as a cheaper ‘as is’ / ‘not gone over’ machine ? I could be wrong .

nice one sgt grizz,if you buy (as is not gone over)and the only problem is wrong size rubber you should count your lucky stars,try buying a refurbished one off f bay and see what you get.

Williams were great to me, worlds apart from HLD disgusting sales tactics we dealt with.
Would 100% use them again.

nice one sgt grizz,if you buy (as is not gone over)and the only problem is wrong size rubber you should count your lucky stars,try buying a refurbished one off f bay and see what you get.
Buyer beware, try before you buy if you can. If it's too good to be true, it will be. Ask for help on here and you'll find it. We all overspent on our first pin, we also learned a great deal I'm sure and have fond(ISH) memories of the experience. There are some good first pins offered on this thread alone, I'd house them all given the chance ;)

Didn’t you say though this was sold to you as a cheaper ‘as is’ / ‘not gone over’ machine ? I could be wrong .
No. It was sold as cheaper due to a missing topper.

There were multiple problems with the pin. It broke down solidly every fortnight or so for seven months due to deferred maintenance. It is how my husband, especially, became a relatively experienced pintech quite quickly. If we had paid someone to repair the pin, we would have spent £100s.

It is not worse than pins I’ve got off the forum, and I’m sure HLD are worse (they are certainly more expensive), but don’t expect anything *better* than the forum. Expect to pay more, but have the option of a wider range of pins. I would definitely go to Williams if I wanted something specific and was very impatient.

Williams were great to me, worlds apart from HLD disgusting sales tactics we dealt with.
Would 100% use them again.
HLD company is 75% sales team which are almost certainly heavily commission based way they sell games.

Back
Top Bottom