What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st world problems...

Spadge

Registered
So my pin room holds 14. I have 16 machines with one on the way, Dialed In, and my mint TOM restoration is well on the way. I'm also wavering about a GB premium to add to my Sterns.

17 into 14 won't go and 3 need to be elsewhere, likely at home and maybe in the accountants office (she loves sharing her office with a pin - really).

So which will move?

In my room I have a Stern line up of 4 machines, one of which is currently MMr and obviously not Stern, so that's easily one of them (others are ACDC Premium, TWD LE and LOTR).

I'm also seriously wavering on adding another Stern game to the list and have been considering GB premium, an itch I need to scratch.

MMr other than not being a Stern is also pretty similar to AFM, which is opposite in my WPC-95 line up (AFM, TOTAN, MB, SS). It's also friendly themed and not so mean, ideal for family and friends.

The real question is in my WPC89 line up. With TZ, IJ, STNG, FT, WH20 and TAF - all of which are in fine fettle complate with toppers. Which do I replace with TOM? If i'm taking one of those home?

I'd prefer a kinder table for visitors - So I think I'll go for IJ or STNG or FT possibly. All are really great games though, which I enjoy. TAF, TZ, WH20 get lots of plays in the office so I'd be lynched if I took one of those out.

I'm currently wondering where Dialed In will fit, no space in the room, especially if I get the GB and currently I don't have a JJP section...

This has been a gaze into my OCD - I hope you enjoy it, I'm sure there are far bigger dilemmas prevalent in the world :)

BUT it's doing my head in.

The kind of dilemmas many of us can only dream of. Fantastic collection. Woohoo jealous. :clap::clap::clap:

Hmm.. seems no colour option for GB, which I didn't realise. Just mailed them to see if its coming or not. GB on hold for now.

Start to worry when your in the 30s ;)

Hmm, I had 5 this time last year. There's not 5 pins I'd get currently. Having to scratch around to see which Stern I'd add, settled on GB but then discovered no colour dmd, which is frustrating.

Hmm.. seems no colour option for GB, which I didn't realise. Just mailed them to see if its coming or not. GB on hold for now.
Does it bother you that much? I like colour dmd and have 4 so far, would buy more if they weren't so damn expensive but not having one wouldn't stop me buying a machine.

Must admit the red DMD's on games that are only a couple of years old does make them look a bit dated now. I'm sure the Color DMD guys will be working on it, and if they could do it by now they would have already. There will be considerable demand for the titles between Walking Dead and Aerosmith to be done.

Must admit the red DMD's on games that are only a couple of years old does make them look a bit dated now. I'm sure the Color DMD guys will be working on it, and if they could do it by now they would have already. There will be considerable demand for the titles between Walking Dead and Aerosmith to be done.
I'm sure Colour DMD will do GB eventually but I think they'll wait till the code has been completed first. No point in doing it twice.

Things like this get on my tits.....makes you just want to sell up and get out the hobby....sort out 12 mother-f""king pinball machines and you still have 4 more mother -fu!!ers to find a home for....F!ck f!ck,f!ck,f!ck f!ck :mad:

Things like this get on my tits.....makes you just want to sell up and get out the hobby....sort out 12 mother-f""king pinball machines and you still have 4 more mother -fu!!ers to find a home for....F!ck f!ck,f!ck,f!ck f!ck :mad:

Let me know what you have to sell please, 1st dibs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dilemmas of a collector..... same with every type of collecting.

Often wonder what went through Tim Arnold's head when he bought his first game, and then he had 10, then 20, 50, 100, 500 and must of hit 1000.

All the way to 1800 plus pinball machines!

And there is a guy in the US with 300 games who can't decide what to sell......

I bet Tim Arnold at 1800 games, still thinks, 'I just need one more game to complete my collection' :D

Nice collection. Think I'd move on TZ. Regarding GB. I don't mind the std red DMD. Kinda suits it. Especially on some of the animations which are great. Lightshow on extra ball and super jackpot has to be seen to be believed, never mind the various set piece multiballs. Id say shaker and topper are a must. It's a firm favourite here. Especially the music. Who doesn't like GB theme music.

Last edited:
take ToM home - for non-pinheads its the game that gets most interest ay my place.

Thanks for various feedback. I originally had TOM at home, it was my first "classic" pin after I had a beat up FT and a players T2. My TOM was a bit knackered but played well, hence plucking up the courage to do a full restoration (after 4-5 years of ownership and learning a lot).

GB colour DMD is still in progress according to Randy at CDMD - couldn't say when/if it will be available. I know its irrational and stupid of me to pass on a GB until it's available. I'll see.

My Dialed in is supposedly coming in November, which is fine. I'll likely have that at home along with MMr and one of the WPC89's. Am now considering an extension to have them all at home :)

In answer to the OP's original question...

The easy answer is to fold one and put it in the space it took up then add two (or three) other folded ones to the same space. Nothing gets sold, you have all the machines and you can rotate them to help keep your line-up fresh...! :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom