What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expired 1997 Medievel Madness

Expired Due to no activity

Marcel

Site Supporter
Afternoon all,

I'd just like to say the MM on flea bay is mine. There is a reason it is up at an unjustified price of £8,500. That being that I do not really want to sell it right now.
The situation is that I have fallen in love with a classic car coming up for auction later in the month, if I win that auction, I will need the funds from the MM. Otherwise, I am not selling the MM right now.

Rightly or wrongly, I saw the eBay listing and the same listing on PO's.com as a way of letting people know it is there. I expect offers and not outright purchases at that price.
That way, people can come and look at the machine, play the machine if they're close enough to me and even agree a price should I win the classic car.

Doing it like this means I do not sell a machine I have a good chance of not actually wanting to sell. My odds of winning my classic car are slim you see.

Oh and yes I have seen the other thread where it was pointed out this may be John's ex machine from Scotland. Yes it is.

I do hope I am not breaking pinball etiquette, I would be happy for any of you to come and view and put your name to it should I end up needing the funds.

Regards
Marc

cars another money pit :D

so if someone stumps up the 8500 you still might not sell it? think that would hack me off a little :D

Neil

so if someone stumps up the 8500 you still might not sell it? think that would hack me off a little :D
The problem I have Neil is that if I put a price on that is truly outrageous, people would just skip past and ignore it. If I put a realistic price on, I might accidentally sell it.:hmm:

My mate just told me to ignore the classic car instead. That's probably the best idea but who ever did the sensible thing.

I'd be annoyed if i came to view, and then it was not available possibly....

it is either for sale or not for sale in my opinion.

best not to mess people around, especially when asking top dollar for things.

I think you have misunderstood the situation and nobody is being messed around.
If someone comes and looks or clicks buy it now, they can have it!

What I am saying is if any of you pinheads want it should I win the car auction, then it is available at a discount to advertised.

However, it is not discounted just yet because I don't really want to sell it.
That said, I'm not going to turn down the asking price if somebody out there does see it as being worth their hard earned cash at advertised price.

I was trying to be as reasonable as possible and highlight my situation.
Hope that clears it up. :)

Ok guys marcel has had a tough time here, he was / Is kind enough to offer a nice mm and has stated he would sell for less than the asking price. It's been fairly clear all along. I for one aprecaite he came to the forum.

Marcel seems a nice fella, i don't think he's too bothered by all of us grousing

p.s. it's Medieval, i'm sure i'm not the only one keeps staring at that and muttering under my breath .... ;):tut::thumbs:

Good luck mate , I did exactly the same thing with my TAFG I didnt want to really sell it so stuck it up on eBay for a chunk of change offered it here for a lot less ,I got flamed and was also told that the price was insane which you have to come to expect , but ultimately sold for for what I was asking on eBay to an awesome bloke in Australia who was over the moon to pay me what I was asking for it and take advantage of our destroyed pound
Your doing the fair and best thing offer it to the wider world for what you would like and offer it here for a price you would settle with.
I Was sad when it was sold but like you it enabled me to achieve what I wanted to.
Good luck with the sale and the car , so many times I have been tempted to sell all my games to get either a delorean or a 67 mustang.

Good luck mate , I did exactly the same thing with my TAFG I didnt want to really sell it so stuck it up on eBay for a chunk of change offered it here for a lot less ,I got flamed and was also told that the price was insane which you have to come to expect , but ultimately sold for for what I was asking on eBay to an awesome bloke in Australia who was over the moon to pay me what I was asking for it and take advantage of our destroyed pound
Your doing the fair and best thing offer it to the wider world for what you would like and offer it here for a price you would settle with.
I Was sad when it was sold but like you it enabled me to achieve what I wanted to.
Good luck with the sale and the car , so many times I have been tempted to sell all my games to get either a delorean or a 67 mustang.

What did you get for it out of interest?

What's the car?

Well the auction was a no reserve auction, it had a £0 start and I knew the car was a little rare after doing research but I never expected such a sale value. Obviously I didn't buy the car.
https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/BMW-3...storation/36127961/LotDetail.asp?lid=36127961

However, it has helped make my mind up. I am going to sell the MM and use the funds to fix the flippers on my LOTR (joking). I am going to buy myself a lovely old car of some kind though.

If anybody wants the MM, it is for sale. It was purchased from John in Glasgow in February for £7,250 + it cost the value of the trip. I have read others talking about the quality of this machine elsewhere on this forum, to my mind it is good but I am sure some of you will have gathered I'm not the most knowledgeable.

I am offering it to forum members first before editing the listing on flea bay in a week or two, I'm not rushing really but will accept a good offer if indeed one comes at all.

I am not up for a profit but not wanting a loss either so if anybody wants to come and view it they can come and have a no obligation viewing and a game or two without fear of being expected to buy, I'm easy going enough to not really mind.

Wow thats unbelievable, £48k and it looks rotten as a pear! Surely you would have to be better off spending half that amount of money on a nice e92 M3, with plenty of change to put fuel in it. :cool:

I have to say its definitely a really cool car though, but you'd need both very deep pockets and to really want one to go for it at that money.

Thats insane money for a barn find. I used to be very into classic cars myself but lost interest now. Even when prices were at a sane level the maintenance costs were enough to make a grown man cry.

Auctions like that make me realise I know sweet FA about cars. Looks ready for the scrap heap to me :p

Good luck with the MM sale, seems reasonable to me

i think you have more chance of poking the queen than selling it for £8500 as a nib one is less than that ;)

if a new one is 8500 or more, he is selling it too cheap,

why have a re made copy when you can get the real thing ?

if it was made to the exact standards of a williams then fine, but we know they are not ( may be better i dont know )

i know some people like the re makes but i personaly would only take one if i didnt have the money, or couldnt get an original

if they remake cactus or big bang i would look to buy one as they are so hard to get ?

i have seen re makes of Lamborghini that the guy who also owns the real thing assures me are as good, but it aint the real thing and never will be .

you can keep your fake rolex, mm, or prada bag ;)

Back
Top Bottom