What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress 1934 Bally Fleet Jr

Courtney Blush

Never enough space.
Alias
Courtney
Well this is a bit of a departure for me. No DMD, no Flippers or Slingshots, no shorted transistors and runs on a 6v battery.

This machine has been put into my care as more of a custodian than an owner.

I paid £175 for it and it's actually in quite remarkable condition for its 83 years.

Sure there's a little dead (hopefully) woodworm but the art is amazing, the cannons fire as they should, the coin mech still works on old English pennies and the Coil still fires off when 6v is applied.

The restoration on this will be completely sympathetic, like a road worn guitar. The cabinet will be stripped and repainted in its original colour but no filling will be done of any scratches.

The legs will be sanded and stained and the cannons will be polished along with any other metalwork I can safely remove and refit.

Anyways enjoy the first few pics.

wow, that's pretty different Courtney, looking forward to some details of the restoration process. lots of pics please, and a video if possible?

I personally think you should leave it alone, any so called restoration could destroy this unique piece of pinball history.
It looks in great condition as is and to change its originally would only be a bad thing.
It's yours to do with what you will but please think about it before you do anything.

talked this over with Courtney. I think we're in agreement that t a preservation rather than a restoration is in order. I'm sure the right thing will be done. I look forward to seeing this in your museum Courtney

Back
Top Bottom