What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! £1500-1600 DMD

Gonzo

Site Supporter
Alias
Kris
Something to keep the Popeye company now the mancave is close to completion. This will be the second of a planned 4 machine collection.

Open to suggestions and ideas but not overly keen on Gottlieb.

Ideally somebody known to forum members as I'm a bit paranoid about money exchange.

Happy to collect unless you live in Timbuktu or Tipperary.

Ideally not taller than 1950mm due to the ceiling.

I'm obviously aware that beggars can't be choosers given the budget but a deeper rule-set would be welcome. I've only ever completed all modes on my Popeye once and I quite enjoy the challenge.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited:
The Jackbot for sale on here would be your best bet I reckon. It was my first DMD machine and I don't think I'll ever part with it, a very underrated machine.

The Jackbot for sale on here would be your best bet I reckon. It was my first DMD machine and I don't think I'll ever part with it, a very underrated machine.

Hello mate, thanks for the reply.

To be perfectly honest it does look nice but is a couple of hundred above my budget (this month anyway) and I was concerned about transferring money to a brand new member not known to anyone on here.

Cheers

To be perfectly honest it does look nice but is a couple of hundred above my budget (this month anyway) and I was concerned about transferring money to a brand new member not known to anyone on here.

Cheers
Hi I've recently sold a popeye on here. Also I sold Iron man to someone on here this week.
Atlantis and Big Ian both know me so nothing to worry about. If your interested in Jackbot, talk to me.
Kind regards Keith.

Last edited:

@K.Boreland

Thank you mate, appreciate the reply.

Excuse my brevity . . . . I'm tiling a bathroom!!!

I'll DM you in a couple of hours.

yeah il vouch and don't let him near your beer fridge either

Thank you . . . . the beer fridge is not installed yet. It's currently taking up all the room in the kitchen fridge much to Mrs Gonzo's annoyance.

I had exactly the same fear re transferring money.
There are several work arounds though.
1/ see if a member lives near the machine to vouch for it - helps but not guaranteed.
2/ send the seller a token amount (£10) to check if they receive it immediately. Then when Martin calls, once he loaded it, you can pay in full.

I purchased several machines via this forum. Admittedly two were fairly local to me, and the 1 that was a little too far to travel, I phoned the seller and had a good chat @Ady Pope (still loving it. Thank you).

I had exactly the same fear re transferring money.
There are several work arounds though.
1/ see if a member lives near the machine to vouch for it - helps but not guaranteed.
2/ send the seller a token amount (£10) to check if they receive it immediately. Then when Martin calls, once he loaded it, you can pay in full.

I purchased several machines via this forum. Admittedly two were fairly local to me, and the 1 that was a little too far to travel, I phoned the seller and had a good chat @Ady Pope (still loving it. Thank you).

Thanks for taking the time to write that.

I'll certainly find a way around it. My only pin was purchased from Neil Fellender and he delivered it straight to my door and spent the afternoon with me so this was always going to b different.

Anyway, a few have already vouched for the seller and clearly know him which is a help.

Also thanks to those who have messaged directly regarding their machines. @Lroy , worth noting that a couple have come up that aren't necessarily for sale on here so it was worth posting 'Wanted'.

@Gonzo Cheers buddy. Will post a wanted thread when I have the cash at the ready. Plus, I only have space for the one machine at present, so I’m just going to keep playing AFM for the time being [emoji106]

Good luck with Table no2 purchase, will be following this thread with interest [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Gonzo Cheers buddy. Will post a wanted thread when I have the cash at the ready. Plus, I only have space for the one machine at present, so I’m just going to keep playing AFM for the time being [emoji106]

Good luck with Table no2 purchase, will be following this thread with interest [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're a top man and very welcome when the cave opens for it's inaugural voyage. ⚓

Just seen the lads backing up K boreland.

Really nice chap, his pins are all in some serious nick and play fantastic. If I had the few quid I'd buy that Jackbot myself off him. Definitely no hassle dealing with him, that goes out to anyone here wondering.

The chicken nuggets are another story....and my plastic serving plate they were on....it's never been the same since :p

Just seen the lads backing up K boreland.

Really nice chap, his pins are all in some serious nick and play fantastic. If I had the few quid I'd buy that Jackbot myself off him. Definitely no hassle dealing with him, that goes out to anyone here wondering.

The chicken nuggets are another story....and my plastic serving plate they were on....it's never been the same since :p

Thank you Jack, I have been chatting with him but thanks for your endorsement. Clearly he's a very naughty boy in the nugget department but my friend Steve is similarly untrustworthy with chips so I'm experienced in such situations.

Recently sold mine, had it for about 10 years. Great machine that’s even better with led’s and a colourdmd.
Enjoy👍

Thanks my friend, I have been considering a colour screen for the Popey but know nothing about which one to buy.

I saw one on a video and couldn't believe the difference.

Thanks my friend, I have been considering a colour screen for the Popey but know nothing about which one to buy.

I saw one on a video and couldn't believe the difference.
I’m afraid both are very good, good thing is if you ever sell you can take out and put in your next one.
Big outlay but worth it, every game will benefit from one. You can sometimes get a used one if you put up a wanted ad.

I’m afraid both are very good, good thing is if you ever sell you can take out and put in your next one.
Big outlay but worth it, every game will benefit from one. You can sometimes get a used one if you put up a wanted ad.

Thank you for the advice. I saw one on a STNG and it looked like a different game and so much like it was from the TV series.

Yeah STTNG is a big improvement too, I put PinSound in that and it up’d it another level again.
I have a wife, 4 kids and two dogs too plus 2 grandchildren☺️

Yeah STTNG is a big improvement too, I put PinSound in that and it up’d it another level again.
I have a wife, 4 kids and two dogs too plus 2 grandchildren☺

Wow . . . even more of a busy man than me 😂

I need to research this pinsound thing. I know nothing about it but was in the market for a Tommy and apparently they benefit from one.

A big thanks to Keith and everyone that vouched for him.

Jackbot now sits proudly in the mancave alongside its new mate. 👍

EF9z8EOWoAAbEWF.jpg

Back
Top Bottom