What's new

Zimbabwe horde video from Matt Adams(upsetting scenes)

David_Vi

Site Supporter
Alias
DaveTheTrain
@Matt Adams posted this on YouTube last night.
I know pinball was international but didn't expect such a collection in one location in Africa!

The backstory is in the video description. Matt and @Alpha1 popped over to Africa just to visit this 'collection' but it sounds like they weren't able to come to an agreement in bringing any home.

I imagine most of the games inside aren't total write offs.

Spotted so many rarities, Gottlieb Car Hop sticks out as it's on the end, a game Claire would own in a heartbeat because of the Diner theme 😄

Guys could you share any more info on your visit? Beyond the partying 🤣
Did you know what to expect when you entered that room?

Reminds me of a big old dingy warehouse in Portsmouth late 90’s when I picked up a few pins, if only I knew!

Wow. A little sad to see all that looking so tired and abandoned but what a trip, that must have been quite an adventure.

The next question is how would you then process all of that if you did get it back in the UK. No doubt the haul would pay for itself and then some, but there is a lot to go through, it fills a massive warehouse all folded up, what would that fill if you were trying to sort out and sell??
There is enough there for the UKVAC and UK Pinball communities to restore for the rest of our working days.

I expect we all saw stuff we would jump on; pins, cabs, jukeboxes, pool tables....

I’m in shock, to think that there is a place with so much treasure for pinheads.

That is super cool but jeez how much man power would it take to move it all over here then store it. That’s some task!

Reactions: JT.
I imagine most of the games inside aren't total write offs.

I think it’s hard to know but having seen games in a similar external state the prognosis for the playfields isbt usually great in my experience.

looking at it I reckon the economics of this are terrible.

Restoring any of these looks pricey. Are there parts to be gained like backglasses and stuff? sure but complete game restoration looks tough - if you got >5% yield on that you would have done well. Good luck to Matt and Alpha!

Amazing to say this but even his games aren’t as bad as this lot 😂
Are they games really in that bad condition? Hard to tell from the video, looks like just thick layer of dust? Could they all be ok inside? Or does the heat over there cause all sort of damage? Is it just hot or humid as well? If just dry heat they probably ok?

Alpha/Matt did you guys get a close look at any of them?

it is hard to see from the video but I see what looks like some water damage on some, the hear is probably a good thing for the cabinets but I also see lots of back boxes unscrewed with no hinges and I wonder why?

I saw a bunch of games similar to this in Eastern Europe and the only thing good from them was the boards and backglasses.

But who knows maybe they are all perfect underneath. The effort to recover then ship and then store in the UK plus how do you value them for duty/tax and then you need someone to work through them. maybe you buy the best 40 or something. The arcade/juckboxes look better but I’m no expert.

Back
Top Bottom