What's new

Wanted Zaccaria Drop Target Springs - Large bank on Farfall

Biff

Site Supporter
Alias
****a
Hi

Am after one or two of the springs detailed below, anyone got anything please?

One of mine looks to have snapped in the past and someone reformed it, but it is way too week.

Cheers

John

P1040906.JPG
P1040908.JPG
P1040898.JPG

have you tried getting in touch with entex springs they may be able to make you some
they are in nottingham
cheers russell

Getting others to make it will mean taking off a spring and sending. I think i will have to make my own as others have suggested.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22429728...%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2499334&var=523086878560

.23mm piano wire, no idea if it is the right size but seemed smallest size around and is a starting point - just looked at a couple of Utube vids on how to make a spring. Looks like mine will be awkward as it is a torsion spring with wire extending out form both ends of the coil, so cannot just drill a hole and trap it while winding. Also very small former needed, so drilling and tapping the former and putting a screw in will be beyond me - will think of something though :). Maybe uses a 3mm or 4mm bolt and wind two nuts on and pinch the wire between them?

Will see how bad it is with the playfield lying down and gravity working for me. But i have a cunning plan sir...

JB

If i get time will film the working process. Most likely after Pinfest

No, not easily. I looked at that, the spring simultaneously applies pressure to the drop target to push it slightly against a ridge to keep it up when it is up and then when knocked by the ball the spring then also pulls the target down. You would not be able to achieve the same affect with one spring, two maybe - but not one. To be fair the engineering they did on this must be very sound as it has lasted this long, and the targets are not too badly defaced (no exercise friction against the metal frame when they drop etc) - just the table was exposed to high humidity and corrosions has done its thing...

I should add this is the larger drop target, the smaller ones do use a traditional spring, but the bigger ones have more throw i think and therefore this method is used. I don't relay want to hack them about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom