What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your rights after buying a new pin on here

It varies. There is no fixed price. If it’s a recent game I dunno a few hundred I guess. They just fixed a SAM cpu that was country locked by a bad update and that was £120. Not horrific.

The cam belt on my 5 year old VW needs swapping. Just because it’s 5 years old. That’s £500 but no one questions that!

Good to hear thx Phil, that seems very reasonable to me,

If any mods are done, surely that invalidates warranty! Does on our equipment instantly and we enforce that.

Very true but sadly the person who fit the mod is never going to admit it just remove it and act dumb I have been to one job where I know the customer fit a shaker motor incorrectly and did a lot of board damage but never admitted too it

I thought £500 for a cam belt was a bit much!

It is absolutely crazy Phil. The new car manufacturers build their cars in such a way that the buyer is totally beholden to them for virtually all maintenance. Even changing xenon light bulbs.

I run a 99 volvo and a 94 merc for precisely this reason. I only keep the 2012 campervan as the missus will not let it go.

Folk will be crippled by car repair bills. My 57 plate s5 was just a money pit. It required loads of warranty work. Then this continued out of warranty. The guys at the independent garage told me that vw audi etc had not made a reliable car since the mid 90s. Having shelled out for a radiator (whole front of the car removed), a water pump, starter relays, intelligent key sensors out of warranty. I was then hit by the xenon bulb scenario. Then the drivers door would not open when it was below zero outside. So you had to get in via the passenger door. I kid you not. Final straw.

Sold the b1tch on about 60k miles and replaced with a 94 merc sl500. This has never required anything other than rotor arm and distributor cleanings by yours truly.

My mate, against my protestations, bought a 2010 audi r8. Absolutely crock of sh1t in terms of faults, repairs. 4 cracked alloys ...... So he sold it and bought a mid 90s BMW 8 series.

Guys who spend 5k on a modern passat with an electronic hand brake that fails are looking at a 2k bill. Folk in independent garages have customers that cannot afford to fix the most elementary faults because of this nonsense

A mate who sells used cars for a living tells me that Mercedes no longer want to sell used cars over 3 years old at main dealers as the faults are cripplingly expensive when out of warranty.

Very true but sadly the person who fit the mod is never going to admit it just remove it and act dumb I have been to one job where I know the customer fit a shaker motor incorrectly and did a lot of board damage but never admitted too it

Let’s hope I fit mine correctly when it arrives, wasn’t on a SAM was it?

Thumbs up from me here regarding new/old cars.
Been driving a 400quid car for years. Get a few years out it, then scrap it for 250quid. Buy another.
The problem today is because everyone wants a new car. They don't pay cash, just credit. So are happy to be paying for cars the rest of their life. So manufacturers don't bother making cars to last.
Apart from Kia. Kia are pretty good.

I still think it is crazy they can release pins unfinished though.
As people have said before, in the gaming industry, that kills a new game dead. And that is only 40quid.

I would question the European people who sell gray imports on here that aren’t supported by Sterns warranty as they haven’t entered the uk via the uk importers.

Back
Top Bottom