What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favourite tool?

Hakko desoldering gun. Not the most used tool in the shop but is the most fun.

1624690729397.png

Don't have a single favourite but these are my latest favourites due to usefulness and getting the job done hassle free.
Just need something that finds pop cap screws as they have disappeared and left me stuck🤯
521DA633-13B0-4E1D-9E1D-983D299B4D8D.jpeg

Ive got the same desoldering deely as that. Not used it tons and I know you can use a regualr one easily enough. But it makes such light work of desoldering its great

I (and many others) use one to jumper over parts of circuits. Very helpful in isolating bad switches in the middle of circuits.

It's more useful in identifying switches which aren't working though.

If you have a motor constantly running situation the schematic will show you every switch which will run the motor, and you can work through them. If you are absolutely sure it is not the score reels, check that the targets and stepper units and any reset banks are all correctly reset

There's a drop target that constantly fires, perhaps it's that. Cheers ill give that a go

Favourite tool.. can I say B.F.H.?

(I have most of the above, rarely use the desoldering iron the same type as above). I did pick up a Hakko desoldering gun years ago at a carboot sale but sold it. I'd keep it today.
I have some carboot Weller irons but I prefer a RS iron also from a carboot, that at least I can select the temperature of.

You must have some quality car boots near you. last time i went to one, it was just a line of car boots selling absolute c**p. 😂😂
Oh there's plenty of shnitz too! It's nice to grab the odd gem though, just a case of being early, quick and spotting the treasure!

I've got a set of curved 12' artery forceps, perfect for cleaning orbits and reaching dropped screws which have got in to the mechs

Reactions: DAD
I have a thing for these side cutters, they’re small but perfectly formed!

0394C767-5091-42E6-9BFB-5F680CA785EA.jpeg

Most people that borrow them have then bought their own.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom