What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yellowed ramps?

ronnie63

Site Supporter
Been trying to get the yellow out of a RK ramp, seems impossible! Tried all the Novus stuff and even tried 1200 grit wet and dry, seems the yellow is through the plastic! I read about using peroxide on plastics but not seen anything on ramps? anyone any pointers please?

Thanks Ronnie

When it comes to old computer and console cases, it's the fire retardant in the plastic that yellows over time. The peroxide/retro bright trick reverses that reaction to some degree.

Whether this is the same for pinball ramps I have no idea, I suspect you might be stuck with it being yellow rather than risk knackering your ramp :thumbs:

It works on white plastic I don't think it would on clear tho

From what I seen on google it works well on clear plastic? question is are ramps made from same material, but I don't think it is, ramps are rigid plastics are flexible

Researched this myself for plastics. I don't think you can get the yellowing out as it's a reaction from UV light.
They actually did come up alittle but could not get rid of the yellow.
I've seen people bleach the old gaming consoles to get rid of it

Back
Top Bottom