What's new

Xtreme Pinball BSD Topper - How To Install?

Sam C

Site Supporter
Alias
Archy
Just looking for some advice from anybody who has one of these toppers or wiring experts. I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to wiring things in. I just got the awesome Extreme Pinball topper for BSD:

http://www.xtremepinball.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=182

Most mods I've gotten up until this point have some sort of connector on and then instructions on how to install, however this one has zip instructions and the end of the wiring looks like this:

i.imgur.com_LfN6sNX.jpg

All I've been told is that it needs to be 'wired into the main board' and requires a '12v power supply'. I was hoping somebody could give me any advice on how to wire this in and get it working! Or point me towards any guides/help threads if this has come up before.

Thanks!

Marking this as temporarily solved with the help of @Judge Dreads. Just need to find time to try his suggested fix!
Personally I would have asked for my money back.
Might make the sellers think about putting some instructions wither the mods they sell. Lazy tossers.
Buy a mod from Dreads and you get full instructions in full colour. As it should be.

I would have, but it was shipped from the US...and then there was an import fee...and I think I managed to solve the issue in about 10 minutes with the help of Andy. Step 1, take on of his LED strip mods and cut the wires, strip and attach them to a connector box:

i.imgur.com_30OGn3C.jpg

Step 2, add to J117 where the original mod would have gone.

Step 3, working topper!

i.imgur.com_pRDQy1K.jpg

Looks nice, worth the money I think!

i.imgur.com_9quegIJ.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
Thinking of buying one of these myself got a price from the fella Greg at extreme pinball including shipping about 3 weeks ago he said he was just about to post one to the uk might have been yours forgot all about import duty at this end did you have to pay any if so if you don't mind could you tell me how much.

Cheers Brian

I did, it was £44 roughly import duty so not massively steep but a fair whack.

Its a strip of 60 12v LEDs which are fairly bright, they light up the acrylic cut out quite nicely. Personally I think it does finish off the machine nicely. The LED's sit under a slot in the base which are covered in a clear piece of tape like material (might be tape, not sure) and then the acrylic sits on in a slot. The topper also has a massive wooden base, I had prepared to stick it down with double sided tape but the base is so big and heavy no amount of shoving is going to pry it free unless you throw the game across the room.

I had prepared to stick it down with double sided tape but the base is so big and heavy no amount of shoving is going to pry it free unless you throw the game across the room.

I'd better be more careful nudging BSD in future when I'm over your's playing it then. ;)

Back
Top Bottom