What's new

WWFRR - what screws on the plastic ramp flap?

Dinsdale

Site Supporter
I've replaced the plastic ramp on my WWFRR. It isn't ready for reassembly yet as I've got some other stuff that needs sorting, but the two screws that hold the ramp down seemed to be a bodge job on my old one. Two different size screws, one even seemed chopped in half, and shorter than the other.

I've looked at the manual and I can't see for sure. I see a truss screw but that was a rounded head and I need something flat so the ball can roll over.

I know it sounds silly but I'd rather get the correct screw exactly because this plastic ramp was not only expensive, but it has given me a heart attack being lost at customs for so long so I don't want to use a bad screw and snap it somehow! 😂

I’ve used cut down longer screws before as the wider girth at end rather than original taper holds better in ‘worn’ holes, so you may find the new correct length ones pull out over time, a sliver of broken matchstick in the hole also works well( cocktail sticks are too hard)
I see you’ve got a repro ramp as well, these are often thicker than original ( by design) so this may also cause issues with original length screws. Just checked my stock and it’s a 3mm by 35mm I cut down so 3mm by 20-25 would be right

Last edited:
I’ve used cut down longer screws before as the wider girth at end rather than original taper holds better in ‘worn’ holes, so you may find the new correct length ones pull out over time, a sliver of broken matchstick in the hole also works well( cocktail sticks are too hard)
Good tip, I'll take that into account.

Back
Top Bottom