What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTB Mint TAF

Deffo a scam. Low price, another country, up front payment. If you email him, i bet he's a nigerian prince also wanting to give you 10 million 'dollah'....
biggrin-1.png
:D

Don't get me wrong, after I received it the scam part was set in stone.

I've been around the block, I know the kuu.

Blimey!

Went to click on the link but all gone.

Finding a really nice TAF is proving difficult! And over 20000 made!

jonathan' date=' post: 1676934 said:
Although I got offered a mm once buy a guy who wanted the money transferred into his account within 12hours, without seeing the pin or he sold it to someone else. I told him to do one obviously!

Turns out it was real and someone else bought it the next day!

I remember the drama on the group
biggrin-1.png

Yeah, not my finest moment. He had all the trademarks of a scammer though and I didn't want him conning someone without me stating my concerns.

He was bizarre anyway, no visits, no couriers, bank transfer only etc.

yeah, i remember that guy. I thought he was a scammer too....

Ever thought the guy who 'bought' the MM could have been his scamming partner and cancelled the scam due to being rumbled? I do remember the guy going nuts after someone posted his home address on the group. Could have sh*t himself through thoughts of being ousted, and got a mate to defend him by pretending to buy the imaginary MM.

Just a thought....

Possible, I got pelters either way! Anyway, If the rumours are true I could get a nib mm next year for the price some people are after for routed mm's

I don't think it was a scam, just someone in a privileged position capitalising on their ability to make demands during the sale of this title (basically you jumping through hoops), the buyer sounded genuine enough, think the machine was also known to a couple of group members. From experience, scammers tend to run fast when exposed, they don't dialogue or attempt to maintain the con (although anything is posible), doesn’t matter anymore... no one got hurt / no one was caught out and someone was probably overjoyed with their new toy.

I think the UK pinball group would be a silly place to try such a scam, tends to be Ebay or Gumtree etc where the evil lurks.

Replay' date=' post: 1676878 said:
Would love to do own but that is like asking me to build a conservatory or something!

Haven't seen a nice one on ebay for a while. Will check out PH - thanks.

Thought Manny had a nice one listed on ebay recently (know there was a gold cab etc) but think there was also a complete machine with new PF

I think he wanted £4200 for that TAF? Came with a new (uninstalled) playfield too. Thats a project that i would like to do at some point.

I have one to do in the near future, the current playfield has no chair hole wear but I have a new PF to fit when the mood is right

Aww dont - I have mine to get on with. Just finishing the Cab, and then it's onto the PF swap. NOT looking forward to it (especially since it'll be the first one I've done!!

How much do these restored TAF's go for? With new playfield and without? And why does no one want to sell one for a half decent price
wink-1.png

Apparently mint with new PF and cab decals can be anywhere around £4.5kish.

However mines for sentimentality, so i cant see it going anywhere!

Paul' date=' post: 1677099 said:
Apparently mint with new PF and cab decals can be anywhere around £4.5kish.

However mines for sentimentality, so i cant see it going anywhere!

Mines a keeper also, imported from Pauls 50's in Germany, sold it then purchased it back middle of last year, won't be selling it again unless both my hands drop off :eek:

im in south wales and looking to move mine on soon. i would prefer a trade for a scared stiff,totan or williams indy but if the moneys right i would sell.

bare with me for a few days as i have lent my brother my camera. once i get it back i'll post some pics up etc.

Thanks for getting pictures. Has it been re-furbished in any way?

sorry about the slow responses. got alot going on right now as my mum is quite ill.

i've had the addams about 6 months and when i got it,it was i great shape.

the playfield is very good and the artwork excellent....i cant see any fading and keep it under a pinwest UV proof cover.

good points:

the playfield was dirtyish when i got it so i partially stripped the playfield removed all the mylar and buffed it so it gleams like a sheet of glass.

it has all the standard mods. fester in the chair,train,vault,phone etc. it also has a green swampled mod and the playfield/magnet protectors to stop any burn.

the mansion area is spotless.

bad points:

one slingshot (gomez) is chipped (pinballmania £10) and the dmd display board is burnt so will need replacing (£69 quid from http://www.pinballdisplays.co.uk/)

i have tried it with another board and the dmd is perfect.with the one on there you get some clouding.

since i have had it i have played it and played it and it just never goes wrong.

the guy i had it from said it was the same with him for a year and as i never knew him personally it took him at face value.....he wasn't lying.lol

if i had more space (and a missus who would allow me more than one machine) i would never sell it as the whole family love it.

it is however my only machine and time for a change.

i'll post up some pics when i get my camera back.

Sorry to hear about your Mum. Puts the pinball stuff into perspective.

Look forward to the photos as and when you get the time.

Replay' date=' post: 1677162 said:
Sorry to hear about your Mum. Puts the pinball stuff into perspective.

Look forward to the photos as and when you get the time.

it certainly does mate. been a bad time recently but hopefully she's ok now.

replicas' date=' post: 1677159 said:
Wayne,

Hope your Mum is feeling better soon.
smile-1.png

Just about had a heart attack, until I read further down. Best wishes for your mum Wayne G

Back
Top Bottom