What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress WPT

ROBERTDAVIES1977

Registered
I picked this up on Sunday, didn't even have a game, just started to strip the top playfield.
It's just going to be a quick shop, not like the amazing stuff some of you guys do.
It's not bad condition, just looks old and tired.

20230507_184119.jpg20230507_184918.jpg20230507_183514.jpg

Lots of new bits going on now.
Will be taking all the metal work to the powder coaters next week.
I have always gone for the fancy expensive metallic colours, but I think gloss white could work on this game ?

It's fitted with LEDs, but they are not very bright, no idea what make, looks like a acorn logo is printed on them?
Have ordered the premium 2 ones from pinball LED which are super bright.

20230511_154304.jpg20230511_193212.jpg20230512_060229.jpg

When I shopped my WPT, I put some red transparent Acetate sheet over the display on playfield, looked a lot better IMO. Also added them bumper led rings and put a poker chip on the top of each bumper, the led rings look good. also used white, red and blue bumper caps.

Pinside_forum_4867767_0.jpg

When I shopped my WPT, I put some red transparent Acetate sheet over the display on playfield, looked a lot better IMO. Also added them bumper led rings and put a poker chip on the top of each bumper, the led rings look good.

View attachment 219739
Thanks I will be doing that, I had some of those sheets from somebody on here for when I did Sopranos.
Makes a huge difference, I can't justify a colour display on these lower budget games.
By the time the LEDs and top playfield come I have spent £550 on bits.
The game was £2700, so at £3250 that's the maximum I will put into it or will lose money when it's time ro move on.
I'm surprised how much is in this game, never seen so many drop targets and gadgets on the back panel, you would not get this on a new Pro now would you.

Last edited:
Thanks I will be doing that, I had some of those sheets feom somebody on here for when I did Sopranos.
Makes a huge difference, I can't justify a colour display on these lower budget games.
By the time the LEDs and top playfield come I have spend £550 on bits.
The game was £2700, so at £3250 that's the maximum I will put into it or will lose money when it's time ro move on.
I'm surprised how much is in this game, never seen so many drop targets and gadgets on the back panel, you would not get this on a new Pro now would you.

The ‘not losing money ‘ mentality after throwing money at a machine is partly why the prices are where they are - something I think you were complaining about recently 😁

The ‘not losing money ‘ mentality after throwing money at a machine is partly why the prices are where they are - something I think you were complaining about recently 😁
I never complain, I like to moan every so often.
The only thing I moaned about was the HS2 which was sold and then the seller tried to sell again to a different member for more money.

All I was trying to say is I won't go past a total of £3250 on this game which I believe is the top limit for a nice one when I do decide to sell it.

First time I have seen these done with rivets, all the other games I have done just had screws.
This will be a pain as I dobt have a press.
20230514_174931.jpg

First time I have seen these done with rivets, all the other games I have done just had screws.
This will be a pain as I dobt have a press.
View attachment 219928
My CSI had nubs like that, tried little nuts and bolts initially but they stuck out and caught the ball, in the end went with standard pop rivets with a few mm of metal tubing through the rubber to stop it compressing too much and warping, worked well

I have lost this part today like a jackass, really don't want to do a order yet with Marco, just need the wire form.
I was polishing it in the garden on the bench polisher and it sent the part over the neighbours fence.

20230515_121454.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1709.jpeg
    IMG_1709.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 11
Hi Robert- where did you source the playfield? Took mine out the other day and replaced the pops with new leds- it needed a good clean up but sadly the upper playfield is still a bit hazy
You might as well keep going and replace the rubbers now.
I got it from pinball center, not a genuine one, but cheap enough and quick delivery.

Not going ro rebuild all these as they seem fine, just going ro replace all coil sleeves along with end srops on the 4 flippers.
20230515_064154.jpg

Hi Robert- where did you source the playfield? Took mine out the other day and replaced the pops with new leds- it needed a good clean up but sadly the upper playfield is still a bit hazy
Do you have a tiny bit of playfield wear on yours in the middle of the pops ?
I have some where the balls lands, going to put a small bit of Mylor there, definitely worth doing on yours before you put the top playfield back.

Do you have a tiny bit of playfield wear on yours in the middle of the pops ?
I have some where the balls lands, going to put a small bit of Mylor there, definitely worth doing on yours before you put the top playfield back.
Slightly rougher here to touch but nothing significant- it’s a royal pain in the a** to get to the pops so have replaced most rubbers now but need to order a 1 1/4- thought I’d ordered some but can’t find it, typical!

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 10
The ones near the red stand ups are real pain- Looking great 👍🏼 so far- like the blue near the pops

The ones near the red stand ups are real pain- Looking great 👍🏼 so far- like the blue near the pops
It was all mad colours before and too dark, kept it all cool white apart from a hint of blue under the top playfield which is why I went for blue flipper superbands.

20230517_203715.jpg

All finished, went for gloss white on this game, I normally go for the fancy metallic colours, but think this works well.
White T molding and cant belive I found some that fits, had some from Pinball Center and other places, just would not tap in with the rubber mallet.
Then tried some stuff from ebay, Arcade World and fits like the original, no force needed.
Just need to changed the flipper buttons to blue to highlight that bit of blue in the artwork.

20230527_072004.jpg20230527_071841.jpg20230527_071831.jpg20230527_071825.jpg20230527_071806.jpg

All finished, went for gloss white on this game, I normally go for the fancy metallic colours, but think this works well.
White T molding and cant belive I found some that fits, had some from Pinball Center and other places, just would not tap in with the rubber mallet.
Then tried some stuff from ebay, Arcade World and fits like the original, no force needed.
Just need to changed the flipper buttons to blue to highlight that bit of blue in the artwork.

View attachment 220840View attachment 220841View attachment 220842View attachment 220843View attachment 220844
Nice work - have you managed to get many games on it yet?

Back
Top Bottom