What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WPC power box fuse missing and more hacks?

For now I've put the powerbox back together so the game could be played.
I don't know if it's just the rebuilt flippers but I find we get a lot of air balls on ramps and kickouts on scoops don't go to where id expect.

Is it likely the game is running over voltage?
Is there a way I can safely test with a DMM?

I'm struggling to find cables to redo the connectors. I found these which I can get to match the existing colours but ,24v is too low isn't it?

Can someone please help me find suitable cable? I would prefer it to match, so white-yellow, white-brown, white -orange.
The striped colour ones are what I struggle to find at the right specification

I think I've found some that should arrive shortly. If no good when is the deadline for your order?

Last edited:

Great plains electronics is really useful for finding which molex connector you need as the list the molex part numbers and have the ones common to pinball. Just search for ".093" on their site

They have lots but don't appear to have the white coloured ones.
Even so to order from Marco just for a couple metres of wire would cost 🙈

I might just get solid colours and label them.

I finally found the schematic of the power box. It appears wpc95 is identical to wpc-s. I don't know why I didn't think of checking the wpc95 schematic manual before...

Screenshot_20240110_211634_Drive.jpg
I'm a little annoyed it doesn't list the wire colours 😄

If I follow this, am I likely to be successful, or could there be something else needing replacement? I am worried because why would it be hacked in the first place? To get round an issue?

They have lots but don't appear to have the white coloured ones.
Even so to order from Marco just for a couple metres of wire would cost 🙈
Marco does have all 3 variations of white that you need. They just use a generic photo. You have to look at the description for the colours you want.

So I had a look at the schematic. It was simple to understand that between the 9 and 12 pin molex pin 1 on the 9 went to pin 1 on the 12 pin and onwards....
With 10 and 11 on the 12 pin going to the thermistor and power switch.

3 were cut between the two and looped to the incorrect pins, I assume to bypass the need for the jumper pigtail thing. But whatever they did didn't look right for 240v .

Luckily a few of the cut wires had enough length for me to solder together or use the choc blocks they'd used to connect the other wires.

I borrowed the 12 pin jumper pigtail thing from AFM and put the correct 5at fuse in. The game booted and for the first time the 5aT didn't blow! (Fingers crossed this means it's fixed, although a 5a sometimes survived one bootup then blew next time)

So I just need the 9 pin male connector and crimps to make a new pigtail jumper for 240v.

Going by this could it have been wired up incorrectly for 240v?

Chuffed it seems to be fixed 😄

Still using the only fuse holder I had that wasn't destroyed so could do with replacing that.
20240111_172741.jpg

I will need to have it placed by Tuesday of next week at the latest.

Going by the above I just need the 12 pin male connector and 6 female crimp terminals. (Make it 12 terminals). If you could chuck this on your order I'd appreciate it 😊
And if they have the correct fuse holder I may as well get one of those too.
20240111_173008.jpg

Back
Top Bottom