What's new

WPC power board relay issue

M4carp

Site Supporter
Alias
Lostcause
Posted this in the wrong section before so hopefully someone might be able to help.

The relay on the power board of my TAF has just started to randomly trigger clicking away, as far as I know this is not needed as it has a fliptronics board and all is working.
Any ideas why it will be doing this if its not used?
Can I just desolder it and leave out?

Cant find any info anywhere about this issue except relay not used on TAF onwards.

Thanks.

Posted this in the wrong section before so hopefully someone might be able to help.

The relay on the power board of my TAF has just started to randomly trigger clicking away, as far as I know this is not needed as it has a fliptronics board and all is working.
Any ideas why it will be doing this if its not used?
Can I just desolder it and leave out?

Cant find any info anywhere about this issue except relay not used on TAF onwards.

Thanks.

Are your 5 GI strings working ok? The relay is part of the latch that controls the GI. I wouldn't start removing parts off the board to try and fix a fault. I would get the board repaired so it still 100%. A driver board with the relay is more useful to, because if you ever get another game that isnt fliptronic it works across the era.

If you want to send to me i can fix it for you no problem. If you want to fix it yourself, start with a logic probe on latch chip U1

Are your 5 GI strings working ok? The relay is part of the latch that controls the GI. I wouldn't start removing parts off the board to try and fix a fault. I would get the board repaired so it still 100%. A driver board with the relay is more useful to, because if you ever get another game that isnt fliptronic it works across the era.

If you want to send to me i can fix it for you no problem. If you want to fix it yourself, start with a logic probe on latch chip U1

Thanks Jim, the gi is working ok normally but if I go into gi test the left playfield and back box LED’s flicker a lot on power level 6 only otherwise all other levels normal and other gi normal.
I do have a working spare board but this one is the original TAF one so needs to stay with it.

Relay can go ballistic but game is normal everywhere.

I can replace parts but no knowledge of diagnosing so best left to the experts so if you think it’s faulty somewhere yes please can you look at it for me.

Dave

Thanks Jim, the gi is working ok normally but if I go into gi test the left playfield and back box LED’s flicker a lot on power level 6 only otherwise all other levels normal and other gi normal.
I do have a working spare board but this one is the original TAF one so needs to stay with it.

Relay can go ballistic but game is normal everywhere.

I can replace parts but no knowledge of diagnosing so best left to the experts so if you think it’s faulty somewhere yes please can you look at it for me.

Dave

No problem. i'll pm you

LEDs can strobe and shimmer in GI test without a GI OCD board anyway, so wouldn’t have thought that was unusual.

LEDs can strobe and shimmer in GI test without a GI OCD board anyway, so wouldn’t have thought that was unusual.
Yes I know but they are all comet LED’s so would have thought they would all act the same. Two strings act different to others?
eg left sling strobing on level 6 right sling not strobing on level 6. When I say strobing I’m taliking rave strobing.

Back
Top Bottom