What's new

World Cup Style Tournament

Julian

Site Supporter
The folks over at the Flip Out London Pinball Club are putting on a 1 days World Cup Style Tournament.

The event kicks off on Sunday 1st July at 1pm. Doors to the facility open at midday. Competitors should sign-in at least 30 minutes before tournament starts.
It will run like the coming World Cup. So, 8 groups (A through H) of 4 randomly selected players, they will play 3 x 4-player games on 3 different machines. The winner of each game will get 3 points, second place gets 2 points, third place gets 1 point, last gets nothing. The top 2 in each group progress into the knock-out stage. If there is a tie of points, those players play the first machine of their group again to decide who progresses.
The knockout stage, sees the top-placed players play the second-placed from another group.

• A1 vs B2 (the winner of group A playing the runner-up of group B)
• B1 vs A2

• C1 vs D2
• D1 vs C2

• E1 vs F2
• F1 vs E2

• G1 vs H2
• H1 vs G2
The winner of each knockout is then put through and plays the winner of the group below until we have just two players left.
Trophies and prize money will be awarded to the two finalists.

For more details and to sign up head on over to;

http://flipoutlondon.pinballnews.com/worldcup1.html

Remember just like the World Cup this is a limited space event max 32 players.

Guess I won't be running my World Cup Revisited comp for the 5th year in a row - as this has almost the same format (but with fewer games).

I'll be at this one though :clap:

Last edited:
I've ran it at Tilt Café (now closed) and @Sven Normansson 's in Leicester for the last few years. Not a problem, I was going to run it after the WC but will find a different format.

Certainly not complaining about there being more people hosting more tournaments.

Back
Top Bottom