What's new

Sold Williams TAXI

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Good evening all. Are you sitting comfortably?
Then I'll begin!

Right, so as most regular contributors to the site will be aware I bought a Taxi last December sort of time following a long hunt for one, as they don't come along to often.
The guy I bought it from had different ideas to me as to what constituted "shopped" and I subsequently overpaid because I'm a wuss!
Don't worry I don't intend to pass that cost on!

So after acquiring said Taxi and fixing a long list of faults, I stumped up for new cab decals and a repro playfield.

And as it stands I'm currently something like 3rd in line for Matt Adams to carry out the work.

However there were still a couple of niggling faults which I hadn't fixed such as the bell not working and a louder than normal hum from the speakers.
So even with Matts redecal and pf swap those annoyances would still be there, together with other cosmetic things which wouldn't befit a refurbed machine.

So as if by magic a Taxi is listed on eBay and its in my home town. Now that never happens. Nevermind the fact it's a Taxi. So I went and viewed it and cosmetically it's better than mine and 100% working so I selfishly bought it off eBay.
Ah come on its dog eat dog sometimes;-)
So my intention and I make no bones about it, is to swap the good bits off mine on to the new one. So ramps and display and carry passengers plastic.
As all those parts are brand new on my old one.

I know I'm boring you now but I'm famous for lying on my sword and I want the buyer to know the full circumstances.

So the taxi i offer for sale is 99.9% working with the exception of the bell. Now the bell will work when shorted to ground (my mate told me to put that I don't know what that means!!!)
So there's a fault somewhere but I can't figure it out. Most people say the bell is annoying in the home environment anyway ;-)

And the bottom line of the display is out as per pics.

There is a louder than normal hum from the speakers which is only really noticeable when the game is in attract mode as the normal game music drowns it out. I suspect perhaps an earthing problem.

The pf has lots of wear around the bumpers and and ball drops as most of them do. The pf is generally tired. The main part of the pf is mylared which is bubbling over some inserts.

The biggest PITA for me is that the previous owner hired Stevie Wonder to paint match the yellow on the backbox. It's bright yellow. But as they say you don't play the cab!!

The good points are it plays 100%, the ramps have no cracks and are clean, it was fully stripped top and bottom for a pf swap in December and has all new pop bumper skirts and parts. Flippers are strong. The cab itself is pretty good, a few knocks and scrapes but nothing drastic, just the mismatched paint on the back box.

It also has an original Marylin playfield and ROMS pertaining to Marylin.

I'm looking for £675 cash ideally although would consider a trade but be under no illusion the trade machine would be flipped straight away as I need the cash. But I appreciate some people may not have the cash available and would have a machine to trade.

It's a playing working enjoyable game but if you're looking for a minter this isn't for you.

You're welcome to come and view and play it together with my other games.

Pm me with questions etc..

Thanks
Gaz

Here's the pics
As I sit in my car on night shifts I realise there aren't any whole pf pics. I'll add some tomorrow.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 4
That looks like the Taxi I had in my collection last year. I certainly didn't get the paint brushes out on the back box, and don't remember it being like that when I owned it.

I really enjoyed playing it, and only ended up selling it when my landlady kicked off about the number of pins in the house. :-(

That looks like the Taxi I had in my collection last year. I certainly didn't get the paint brushes out on the back box, and don't remember it being like that when I owned it.

I really enjoyed playing it, and only ended up selling it when my landlady kicked off about the number of pins in the house. :-(

Hi mate. Believe it or not, the one I just got off Ebay is your old one I think. The guy had it bought it from Dean aka fintan stack!!

The one with the botched paint is the sorry old thing PH were selling on eBay at the same time as the knackered Highspeed. The guy I bought it from kindly offered to touch up the back box before delivering it has he had matched the paint!! Naturally I agreed as it saved me a job!!!
Oh lord, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And Carl, a players machine it is indeed. But hey, that is what nature intended for these beasts!

Ha ha. Sorry Deathrow, hate it when that happens but it's for a good cause!!
Why don't you buy this instead?

More pics. I stripped the upper of today to swap some bits so gave it a clean. The departure ramp is new so I'm leaving that as both machines have new ramps.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

No dude sorry. They're for my new one. Just comes as pictured.
Side by side there ain't a great deal of difference in the playfields to be fair. Most taxis suffer the same fate.
I will include a set of new insert decals to sweeten the deal though!! At least then Gorbie will have a face;-)

The actual main pf is mylared so not worn at all.
You would be getting an original Marylin pf too.

CPR still have some left I think if not some folk on pinside are selling there's as they're not happy with the quality of the new ones. The quality is fine depending how anal you are!

And after Xmas the pf from the other taxi will be up for grabs

Just bumping this guys. Still available.
Open to offers
Just bought a jamma cab so need some cash and space back.
Be going to eBay Sunday if not!

Please don't make me do that!!

Surprized its not gone yet.
I do know one guy who is trying his best not to buy as he has no space.
Looks like his will power is holding out. For now.

none needed Rudi, it all works apart from the bell. the reason it's cheap is the pf is a bit shagged, but as a player it looks the biz

Yeah, what Dan said. It doesn't need fixing. I guarantee if you got the bell working, you'd disconnect it again!! Unless its not kept in your house.

Back
Top Bottom