What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Williams Road Kings

ronnie63

Site Supporter
I'm ashamed to say I started this about 3 years ago! I stripped the playfield and did a lot of work on that to some wear areas. Had to remove a few lamp inserts as they were not level. I got it to the stage of rebuilding the PF and then it sat until this week.

With another project on it's way I thought I better get the finger out and get it done!

DSC03971.JPG DSC03972.JPG

It's never going to be a mint example for sure, although the cabinet is not too bad apart from divots where the legs are, The main dings are on the backbox sides. So it will get some filler and hopefully a decent paint match and touched up.

The game was working when I got it but not playable due to the dirt and 3 of the displays were out, I have replaced one of the alpha's and I have a numeric to fit in player 3 score, just need to find the 4 digit ball/match display.

This week I have rebuilt the playfield with new rubbers and target decals, just need to try and mike the very yellow y ramp clear again!

The legs and coin door are removed ready to go to the powder coaters

DSC05177.JPG

Other work to do under the playfield such as check adjust switches, I noticed one controlled lamp was out but it's not the bulb! I forgot to order flipper rubbers DOH! Also inside the cabinet will need a good clean. I removed the right side rail as it had a ding from the backbox falling down I guess, I straightened that as best I could, so will be ordering new twist nails flipper rubbers and leg levelers soon

DSC05178.JPG
DSC05179.JPG

Everyone always told me Road Kings was junk.

I played one at Norther Lights a year or 2 ago, I had really low expectations, so I was really shocked to see how good it is. I had to buy one after playing it at the show.
Great fun game!

Great timing, this was just dropped off by a kind fellow collector :)

Looks like I will be joining you on your quest :)

20170715_113828 (Medium).jpg

Ha, what's the chances of that Luke! I have yet to have a game on RK so time will tell if it's a keeper!

Ronnie

Thnaks, I believe it is mostly working, needs a good clean up, some switches, coils, flipper rebuilds etc.

I'm missing the triangle diverter on the ramp, so if anyone sees one of those please give me a shout

Yes yours looks to be n better shape than mine! and looking at the apron card it might have had a hard life!

DSC05181.JPG

There is not much to the diverter Luke, in fact I might be able to cut out a triangle for you in stainless steel as I have a perfect template.

DSC05182.JPG

Right small update, I sourced a good used match/credit display and replaced the other dud numeric so all displays now working.

Still waiting on the legs and coin door from powder coating to be done.

I have had the detour drop target re created so will take some pics of that when it's fitted, I got the other target decals from bay area amusements and they are fitted already.

DSC05183.JPG

Back
Top Bottom