What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Williams Indiana Jones - The Path to Adventure!!

The cab is really starting to come together now :thumbs: It's looking as good as it did when it first came out of the box :clap:

IMG_6655.JPG

Close up of the 24k gold gun!!

IMG_6656.JPG

The gun looks very cool. If you haven't already said how it was done can you share ? I'd like to do something with my STTNG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The gun looks very cool. If you haven't already said how it was done can you share ? I'd like to do something with my STTNG

Hi @Jonwolf indys guns like most guns you see on the majority of machines have lost their paint from the sweat and rubbing they've had when played over the years. I cleaned the gun and dismantled it and then a good gold platers plated it for me in 24k gold.

Just search your area on google for a gold platers, take it down to them to have a look at and give you a price. It isn't cheap so take any part you want doing at the same time he'll then do it all in one go.

I've seen the sttng guns done in gloss black which looks great, if the gun is metal you could simply gloss black it with spray cans. If you do this make sure you get it clean and smooth or you'll see every mark. I'd suggest using something like a bbq spray as once heated and set is really durable. :thumbs:

Hi @Jonwolf indys guns like most guns you see on the majority of machines have lost their paint from the sweat and rubbing they've had when played over the years. I cleaned the gun and dismantled it and then a good gold platers plated it for me in 24k gold.

Just search your area on google for a gold platers, take it down to them to have a look at and give you a price. It isn't cheap so take any part you want doing at the same time he'll then do it all in one go.

I've seen the sttng guns done in gloss black which looks great, if the gun is metal you could simply gloss black it with spray cans. If you do this make sure you get it clean and smooth or you'll see every mark. I'd suggest using something like a bbq spray as once heated and set is really durable. :thumbs:

Thanks for that - I might go for the BBQ spray route

Gold legs with leg bolts back on, added some extra leg protectors just to make sure there's never any wrinkles showing on Indy!!

The playfield is back in with a little help from a friend, it's looking beautiful

IMG_6675.JPG

IMG_6676.JPG

The cab is now complete, side rails back on :clap:

IMG_6703.JPG

Started to clean all the boards and sort the connectors. Already noted is a failed capacitor and I'm going to change some connectors back to original

Finally squeezed a little time into IJ last night, been doing a TAF cab restore.

It was the big switch on :clap: needed the 5v section fully rebuilding and there's still some connectors to change and wires to tidy up but we have power :thumbs:

IMG_6736.JPG
IMG_6735.JPG

It's been a busy time on a full cab restore, finally got that done so back to finishing off Indy. There was a bit to do in the backbox, some tidying up connectors fitted. GI connector replaced, issue with sound resolved

Not sure these were fitted in the factory

IMG_7148.JPG

Plays fantastic and I'm really pleased with the work. Not sure whether Indy is staying or will be off on a new adventure to a new home!! So many machines and not enough space :mad:

Thanks for the comments and advise along the way :thumbs: hope you enjoyed the shop log :D

Amazing work! Someone will be well pleased if you do decide to move it on and they buy it.

Yes agree - I did my STTNG hand gun with BBQ spray paint and it looks mint and has stood the test of time. Its on my shop log on here if you want the info @Jonwolf

Cheers

Kev

Back
Top Bottom