What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Williams Indiana Jones - The Path to Adventure!!

Thanks Andy how's the games room roof coming along?
Sweet. Nearly finished it. Had to quit when the electric screwdriver ran out of charge. Have all the wiring done and the lights temporarily fitted.
I'll be back in there tomorrow. May wire the sockets in tomorrow. Just need a couple more sheets of insulation then the plasterboard for the walls.
Think I will have a grand opening BBQ when it is done. :thumbs:

Sweet. Nearly finished it. Had to quit when the electric screwdriver ran out of charge. Have all the wiring done and the lights temporarily fitted.
I'll be back in there tomorrow. May wire the sockets in tomorrow. Just need a couple more sheets of insulation then the plasterboard for the walls.
Think I will have a grand opening BBQ when it is done. :thumbs:
Sounds great Andy bet you can't wait to get it finished to enjoy the room. Wise man you've booked a mega holiday to enjoy for when it's finished :thumbs::thumbs:

OK I let the stuff dry over night and have given it a really good buff this morning. Its a cloudy day today but you wouldn't know it from the shine off the pf from the light through the window!! :clap:Going under the hood now!!

IMG_6287.JPG IMG_6286.JPG

A big :thumbs: to @newdos, the rotisseri shop log you did some time ago was brilliant. This is the third restoration I've used it for and it really does make things easier. If anyone is thinking of doing a restoration it's worth searching for it in the shoplogs. I'm no carpenter and even I managed to put it together!!

This is the underside of the pf before starting. The top side was pretty clean, however underneath most metal hasn't had a shop for quite some time.

New flipper kit will be fitted, all metal off and cleaned / polished. New coil sleeves any coils broken or on their way out will be changed. All the boards cleaned and reflowed while they're off. All wires cleaned.

I'll be starting at the front and working my way to the back. This bit is the part that takes the longest time :tut:

IMG_2537.JPG

Ball trough fully cleaned and polished and both flipper brackets removed, cleaned and polished and new kit fltted. Looks so much better now and the game will play better for it :thumbs:

IMG_6273.JPG

I don't think the bumpers have seen any 'spit and polish' for some time. But some good before and after shots, every metal part is being removed and its definately filled my bank holiday weekend!!

IMG_6295.JPG IMG_6291.JPG IMG_6292.JPG IMG_6293.JPG IMG_6294.JPG

played this game for a decent amount of time at the pinball lounge near orlando last night. Its a really deep game and probably the first super pin that I really like. Definitely at some stage need to get one.

Neil.

I've finally finished the underside and saved the best bits for last

IMG_6250.JPG

Not sure that bumper looks quite right!!

IMG_6290.JPG

Think I better get the molex connectors out :eek:

IMG_6324.JPG

IMG_6325.JPG

IMG_6355.JPG

IMG_6356.JPG
Those look much better :clap: just the boards and inserts to clean tonight and then I can start rebuilding the playfield :thumbs:

Attachments

• IMG_6250.JPG
    IMG_6250.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6290.JPG
    IMG_6290.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6324.JPG
    IMG_6324.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6325.JPG
    IMG_6325.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6355.JPG
    IMG_6355.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 13
IMG_6330.JPG Final piece of the jigsaw underneath, all the boards and inserts cleaned. There will be plenty of light shine up through the pf, especially when the leds are fitted

Attachments

• IMG_6330.JPG
    IMG_6330.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 10
So the cab has been put to one side just waiting for the sunnier weather, its on to the playfield.

Full strip of the upper pf, the deck itself is in good condition to say its 24 years old.

View attachment 44959 View attachment 44960 View attachment 44961

Everything needs a good clean, I've ordered some plastics, new starposts, new rubbers, new bats and rubbers. I'm doing something a little different and hopefully it will work really well. All the metal will be polished in a tumbler and the rails will be regrained and polished. The wireforms are already away for 24k gold plating.
How much does it cost to get the wire forms plated and where did you send them? I could do with getting mine done.

How much does it cost to get the wire forms plated and where did you send them? I could do with getting mine done.
Hi Jon you need to find a gold platers, if you take them to show them they'll give you a price to gold plate. Ready yourself though it's not cheap :eek: I could of bought an Indy 10 years ago for what I've spent on gold plating:-o:hmm:

Hi Jon you need to find a gold platers, if you take them to show them they'll give you a price to gold plate. Ready yourself though it's not cheap :eek: I could of bought an Indy 10 years ago for what I've spent on gold plating:-o:hmm:
Thanks mate. I think I'll probably just gently clean them!

OK we're finally on to the exciting part, rebuilding the playfield!!!!:clap::clap:

Whilst I like to keep things as they were intended I do like to give them a little tweak. I'm not using black sleeves or yellow star posts I'm going for a subtle green theme. Road tested it first and am really pleased with the look :)

The left side now back together, and the lanes back in. The plastics have come up fantastic, any broken plastics binned and new ones bought.

IMG_6392.JPG

That's it for tonight, but I've got to get this back together asap, sadly I've got to put it to one side next to do a full restore on a cab for a friend

Back
Top Bottom