What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Williams IJ fault

Open up backbox and reseat connectors to the DMD, looks like it's booting and attracting OK.

Did it throw any errors before? On boot up it's reporting an error of some kind (besides the obvious DMD problem)

Are the noises it's making on boot up normal? Sounds like a lot of coils firing.

No errors reported before this but yes it is trying to report one now as well as firing coils as you said . Can’t be just display because of that presumably ?

Beyond my expertise sadly. Does it have a remote battery holder or are they on the board?

Obvious thing to do first is reseat all the ribbon cables, particularly the one to the DMD. If we can get the DMD up and running we can see if it's something like a ground short or whatever.

I had a similar fault - with the balls all firing around - it was a blown fuse in the backbox.
Sure hope that’s all it is! Will take a look later . Can a blown fuse make display go like that though? You’d have thought either it would be on or off?

My display just went off completely, although my IJ has been upgraded to a colour DMD, so is sure to be wired differently.

Back
Top Bottom